"Yes. I'll see you then!" Cody chirps, his voice squeaking.

"Okay! I should get back to work now but see you later." She turns around and waves. I give her a little wave, and Cody smiles. We exit the store, and Cody grins at me without saying anything.

"You were awkward as hell, Cody," I comment, bumping his shoulder with mine.

"I know, and she thought it was cute, I'll bet," Cody chuckles.

"You'd better not have done that on purpose."

"I was nervous, but I added a bit on top." He winks at me. I fake-gasp and lightly whack his head from behind.

"You—"

"Oh come on, like you never pretend to be such-and-such so a boy will like you."

I roll my eyes, and we walk along, passing lots of stores before arriving at my favorite, H&M. We go inside, and I immediately go over to the swimsuits.

"Cody, when are we going to beach this year?" I question, picking up a cute pink bikini.

"I don't know," he replies, running a hand through his hair, making it stand into a half-quiff. Every year, we go to the beach together. Just the two of us, since we don't really have any other friends. Sure, we have some internet friends, but I can't really rendezvous with people in England.

"You'd look hot in this." I glance at him to see him holding up a black string bikini. He looks at the bikini, then at me before raising an eyebrow.

"Cody!" I scold, covering my mouth in mock-shock.

"Please?"

"I'm not your girlfriend, why do you even want to see me in that?"

"I'm a teenage guy, and you're asking me why I want to see a beautiful girl in a hot bikini?"

"Shut up." I blush, snatching the swimsuit from his hand. "You're paying for this."

"Of course." He grins as I look at the size.

"This is too small, get M." I shove the bikini back in his face.

"No. It's not too small," he counters, batting it away.

"CODY!" I half-yell at him.

"It'll fit."

"I'm not a skinny supermodel. Get M," I tell him, crossing my arms over my chest. He sticks out his bottom lip and looks at me.

"You'd look amazing in this. In this size."

I sigh and roll my eyes. "Fucktard," I mutter under my breath.

"What was that?"

"You horny bastard," I snap before bursting out into laughter.

"Thank you." He takes the swimsuit from my hand and starts walking toward the check out. I follow him slowly, looking at the other clothes in the store. He goes over to an open register, and I go to his side.

The male cashier looks from me to Cody. He then looks at the swimsuit before smirking.

"What?" Cody says, obviously a bit embarrassed, but mostly ticked off.

"Nothing," the cashier responds. He has short blond hair and blue eyes, like Cody's. He's not bad looking, but I wouldn't call him hot. "Are you two dating?"

"Yes," Cody responds quickly, giving me a "can you believe this prick?" look. The cashier scans the barcode and looks at me again. His eyes then fall to my chest, and Cody notices. "Her eyes are up here," Cody snaps, sarcastically gesturing to my face.