It Was Convenient

"What?" I look at Cody incredulously.

"I thought you didn't love me back, honestly," he admits, looking down and picking at the bandage on his hand that miraculously stayed on the whole time. "Like when you kissed me in the store...I couldn't control myself."

"I thought I was the only one that felt it."

"Wait, was that the reason you were acting so strange after?"

"Yes. I mean, you liked Lindsey and..."

"Yeah, but she's not you," he says softly, and I look into his eyes. "Is it weird to say you look beautiful right now?" I feel butterflies erupt in my stomach, and my face flushes.

"Considering I probably have a black eye, and I can't feel the left side of my face, yes," I reply with a sheepish grin. "Ow." I touch the side of my face, and he frowns, putting his hand on my face softly.

"I'm sorry."

"Will you stop apologizing?" I say, rolling my eyes.

"Sorry—I mean..." Cody laughs softly, and I giggle.

"You're such an idiot."

"Thank you." Cody traces his thumb across my cheekbone and looks at my lips. I lean in closer and straddle him. "You're so beautiful," he whispers. I put both my hands on his face gently. I close the gap between us and press my lips against his. His hands move to my back and pull me closer. I tangle my hands in his hair, and he kisses me harder, parting my lips with his tongue. He bites my bottom lip softly before kissing me again.

"I love you," he mumbles against my mouth.

"I love you, too," I whisper back, pulling away for a moment.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to do that," Cody breathes, his beautiful blue eyes darkened with lust.

"I think I do," I smirk before kissing him again. He kisses me back desperately, and I do the same. I can't get enough of him. His lips. His scent. Him. He's my drug, and I'm addicted. I hear a door open and close, and I look to the side, letting Cody kiss my cheek then down my neck.

"Bloody hell! You two again!" The man that had complained about us in H&M looks at us.

"Cody," I whisper, and he stops kissing me to look up.

"What the hell happened to your face?" the man exclaims.

"Nothing! We're fine!" Cody tells him quickly. "Now please, let us make out in peace." I burst out laughing, and so does Cody.

"I'm..." the man goes speechless and takes a step back. He chuckles to himself before going back into the building.

"Make out in peace?" I repeat, laughing.

"Well, do you want to have someone watching us?" Cody counters.

"No, but the phrasing was so ridiculous," I point out with a laugh.

"Oh give me a break."

"Do you realize how insane it is that we're making out after being beaten up?" I move to get up and extend my hand to Cody.

"Who cares? It was convenient." He takes my hand and lurches to his feet.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. Only I got knocked out and let you take on a guy twice your size. You?"

"I'm fine, Cody." I put an arm around him and look behind his head.

"What?"

"I'm checking to see if you're bleeding," I respond before realizing if he were bleeding, I would have blood on my hands from running them through his hair.

"I'm not bleeding."

"No, you're not. How the hell can you not be bleeding? You crashed into the wall like a fucking rag doll," I say incredulously.

"Wow. Thanks," he replies sarcastically.

"Can we just go home, now?" I sigh, tired. I pick up my bag which was casually sitting right where I left it, completely unharmed.

"Sure," Cody replies, putting an arm around me. We walk through the mall, getting many stares but not really caring. We hop inside his Jeep, and Cody leaves the parking lot. I put my head back on the head rest and close my eyes.

"You okay?" Cody asks, glancing at me.

"I'm fine, just tired," I say, putting my hand on his knee. He tenses, and I retract my hand. "Sorry."

"No, it's fine, sorry." Cody breathes, staring at the road meaningfully. "I've seen you in your underwear and bikini and all, but I've just never allowed myself to think of you...in that way."

"Ohhh," I reply, blushing.

"Sorry, that was creepy."

"No," I laugh. "I don't mind." Cody laughs, and we ride in silence for the rest of the way. It isn't an awkward silence at all. It's like...a content silence, and I couldn't be happier.