Chapter TwentyFour

I raised a brow. "On whose orders?"

"It's not a business call Miss Santoro."

"Well if it's all the same to you, fine fellows, I'm going to pass." I looked between the two, really considering my position. It wasn't even dark, we were in the parking lot outside the gym, this was awfully bold of them.

"We've no intentions of hurting you today."

"Just using me as leverage to kill my boyfriend?" I asked taking a small step backwards.

"Not today ma'am. Please, come with us we're going to go for a little drive."

I readjusted my gym bag wondering how I could manage to slip my hand in without drawing attention to it. "No thanks."

"It's not a question."

Stacey's car pulled up beside us and her window rolled down. "Hey." She gave the two men a curious glance. "Everything okay?"

I glanced back to the men and read their minds quickly. If I didn't want guns to be pulled on my best friends I knew the answer. "Of course." I forced a smile. "This is just Jim and Todd, they work with Alessio and Pietro. Alessio asked them to accompany us to class and they were just really late." I threw in a fake laugh. "We're trying to come up with a believable story to tell Alessio to convince him they came."

"You guys work with Pietro too?"

"Sure." Todd said with little sincerity.

"Oh great! I've always wanted to meet know more about what he does! I'm Stacey, his girlfriend but I'm sure you knew that." She laughed lightly to herself.

Todd gave me a warning look. "We'll have to all get together soon but they uh, they really have to be getting back to work."

She looked slightly disappointed but kept up a good facade. "Of course, I have to get going to. It was great to meet you guys!"

They nodded to her and I waved as she drove off.

"Good girl. Now, in the car." He motioned to the black sedan parked a few spots away from my own car.

"Alright, I'm going to level with you guys. You and I both know if I get into that car I'm pretty much screwed. So I'm going to go ahead and not do that if it's all the same to you."

"We aren't here to hurt you, scouts honor. This isn't a business call."

"Scouts honor eh?" He nodded and I sighed. "Well alright." I took a few steps forward. "Just let me toss my bag here in my car." I moved past him to open my car door. "Can I make a quick call? Just want to tell Alessio that I'll be a little late getting home." I continued talking casually over my shoulder.

When I turned back around I had my gun from my gym back. "Todd" forced my arm straight up into the air and I fired off into the sky. Fȕck. He had me pushed back against the car, still forcing my arm to point the gun to the sky with his hand tightly around my wrist.

"Fȕcker." I cursed.

"Wish you hadn't done that Miss Santoro."

I glanced to the other I had deemed Jim. He was only a few feet away and hadn't pulled his gun out either.

"If we was gonna kill you we wouldn't have come to you in public like this."

"But you'll take me out of public and have no qualms with it then!" I shot back still struggling for power over my own arm.