Unexpected Expectancy

I put the phone back in my pocket and I just started running. While I was running down the hallway I bumped into Kelly.
When I realized it was her I acted calm, I didn't want her to find out about anything or else she will tell her parents.

She asked me "Do you know where Lauren is? I wanna hear what Grayson said to her" I replied "Yeah she's in the bathroom crying her eyes out! Oh and tell your parents I'm going to Ethan's house after school"
Her reaction was "The Dolan house? Why you going there"."They my friend's, is it a problrem?" I said sarcasticly.

I just walked away from her and headed towards the cafeteria, walked straight up to Grayson and showed him text.
I stayed calm and collected because Grayson was with me. Whenever we together I feel protected, as if no one can hurt me.

The day passed by and all the classes Grayson and I had together he came and sat next to me. I noticed that Ethan skipped all his classes. When the bell rang everyone rushed to the door, I took my time and walked to the front gate to see Mrs Lockwood in her car coming to fetch Kelly and I. I got in the front seat of the car, patiently waited for Kelly but she wasn't here. She probably walked home already. We decided to leave and she will come back later to see if she's at school

We arrived at home, I told Mrs that I needed to go to Ethan to finish our project she said she doesn't have a problem as long as I'm not home to late.

I took my bag and walked to their house, I rang the door bell and waited a few seconds, no one opened I rang the bell again, the second time I rang the bell Ethan came and opened the door.
He asked " What do you want?" I looked down at my hands and looked up again abs said "We have to finish our project"
He let me in, I walked straight to his room. I sat down in his bed, he came in after me and closed the door.
He walked towards me and sat next to me on the bed. He took my hand and played with my fingers, just like Grayson.

While holding my hand he said "Ashley, I want you to know I only get jealous because I care about you right?"
I was stunned I didn't expect him to say that to me.

"Ethan, you mean a lot to me and our kiss was unbelievable, but you can't expect me to stay away from Grayson. His my friend and a part of my life but so are you" I told him gently running my fingers through his soft dark brown hair. He replied saying " I understand that, but I get so jealous I guess I'm just afraid you will find someone better, someone like Grayson"