⇢ t e n ⇠

Elliot

Dean had gone out to find his lady, Sam and Cas were in the room next door. I think they were trying to find something that we could do while here, so we aren't just stuck waiting around for Dean to come back here and be joyous about something or other. Then just wait for him to tell us that it's time to go.

However, I was happy just sitting around in this shabby motel room. It reminded me of before, the past. The past I love deeply. The past that I miss.

Past. What an amazingly, terrifying thing. I wish I could go back. I wish I could go back to the times of Sammy and I. We were basically unstoppable in all of it together. We had a lot of fun, slept together often, killed monsters, saved people. We did it all. I can't help but wish for that to come back. But we all know, the past is the past. And there is no way to get it back.

-

"Ellie, get this," Sam pushed his laptop over to me, "There's a case near by, I think."

I read the news article. Something about a boy and being found in the bottom of a well, a well that just magically appeared. Apparently this isn't the only thing like that's happened recently. Several other wells had randomly appeared and had people found in the bottoms of them.

"This is bizarre, like, even for us, Sammy," I glanced over, "There's absolutely nothing related between any of these people. These wells are literally coming out of nowhere."

"With dead people in them!" Sam laughed, "C'mon, you really don't want to look into this?"

I shrugged, "I wanna kill a vampire, magical wells aren't exactly up our alley,"

Sam sighed, "You can't just, pick which case we get. This is what is being presented to us, we can't not take it."

I pouted for a second, "Unfair. I'm out for so long and when I'm back in I don't even get to pick?"

Dean opened the door, "Got anything? Because I do!"

"What case do you have?" I asked, "Sammy got something about magic wells."

"Magic wells?" Dean turned his nose to the thought of that, "I got vamps."

I stood and cheered, then pointed to Sam in an "I told you so" manor. Happy that I finally get to kill something that isn't another demon. You live with them for years and you realize, they aren't all bad guys. Some of them were dicks but others were pretty chill. They were all a bitch to play cards with, though. Dirty ass cheaters.

"You seem eager," Dean gave me a weird look, "Never seen you so excited to kick one to the bucket."

"I haven't killed a vamp in so long," I smiled, "I missed it."

To them, maybe being this excited about a hunt didn't make sense. But to me, this was going to feel like heaven. I've been itching to chop off the head of a vampire for five years. I've been itching to do anything related to hunting since I had stuck.

// june 3 2018