TRUTH #2 (Alternate ending)

Hey! This is an alternate, and admittedly, much happier end to the story. I felt there was so much more I could add to this story, and I will be eventually. This leaves it a bit more open ended for me to pick up on later. Also, I think this song fits the chapter better, because while the lyrics are less meaningful/relatable, I just love the sounds and the way it fades at the end.

You have already had an end.

But now, it is time for a new beginning.

TRUTH

Listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQuz8jmUYDU

At the beginning of the story, I told you I lied. And that was true, I do.

But I haven't lied to you. Everything I have told you is true.

I go by the name Ash.

I am a master assassin.

I stood by Loki when no one else did.

And I grew to love him, though he doesn't know that.

These are my final moments.

---

I sat in my cell, slouched against the wall. The guards had come to tell me earlier that today was my last day alive. It was 3 months after the New York attack.

Loki? Are you there?

Of course.

It's time.

Wha- What do you mean?

Loki knew full well what I meant, but I wasn't about to get snappy at him.

I'm on death row. The day was going to come soon anyway. I have about... 5 minutes before they come and get me.

Everything is going to be o-

No! It's not Loki. You know full well it isn't. I'm going to die and there's nothing either of us can do about it.

He didn't reply for a while.

Is there anything I can do?

Unless you can somehow teleport from that cell of yours, then no.

Sing?

Is this your way of calming me down because it isn't going to work.

Just do it. For me.

You'll know, when's time to go on

You'll really want to grow and grow till tall

They all, in the end, will fall

A guard opened the cell door and entered, handcuffing my arms and pulling me up. I was having a hard time keeping the tears back.

You'll know, when's time to go on

You'll really want to grow and grow till tall

They all, in the end, will fall

I was marched outside into the walled area where I had spent an hour each day for the last 3 months.

Grow till tall, they all, in the end, will fall

They, in the end, will turn and fall

You'll know, you'll go

You'll know, you'll know

You'll know

They stood me at the end of the field, on concrete, so my blood would be washed away easily, I assume. Six men were in front of me, holding semi-automatic rifles. Only one gun held the bullet that I knew. But they only needed one bullet to kill me. They put their guns into firing position, waiting for the order to fire.

Loki?

Yes?

I love you.

Six shots rang out as I was enveloped by white light.

"Welcome, Lady Ash, to Asgard."