LIE #11

LIE #11

Loki walked out onto the platform, his full armour appearing as he looked over the mayhem that was unfolding. I followed hesitantly, keeping my distance. Thor landed below.

"LOKI!" He called.

"Turn off the tesseract or I'll destroy it."

"You can't! There is no stopping it." Loki angled his scepter down at Thor. "There is only the war!"

"So be it."

With a cry Loki pounced on Thor and they started to fight. Loki fired and hit on of the letters on the side of the building, causing it to fall. The air was clouded with the screams of civilians and the sound of destruction as the fought. Loki was definitely the more skilled fighter but he was acting recklessly and Thor had pure strength on his side.

Loki hit Thor to the ground as Natasha and Clint pulled their aircraft up along side us, firing bullets. A few glanced off my armour, barely missing me. Loki shot their ship down almost immediately but as he was distracted Thor lunged at him, knocking him to the ground.

Do you want me to help?

NO! This is my fight.

Thor punched Loki repeatedly. They both had their weapons up and were grappling for power.

"Look at this!" Thor shouted.

"You think this madness will end with your rule?"

"It's too late, it's too late to stop it."

"No." Thor seemed almost hopeful. "We can. Together."

Thor shouted in pain. Loki had stabbed a throwing knife into his ribs... the one I gave him. Thor dropped his hammer and fell to the ground in pain.

"Sentiment."

Thor leaped up and launched himself at Loki, throwing him through the glass window. He then proceeded to lift him up and throw him against the ground. Loki rolled of the side of the building, only to be picked up by a Chitauri which was conveniently flying past.

Thor grunted in anger, pulling out the knife and turning to me.

"Why did you join him? You are going to loose. There is no way you win this."

"I know." I looked down at my feet. "I knew that from the beginning."

"Then why?"

"You brother needs someone to stand with him. No one has been doing that."

"But I-"

"No, not even you. You were the cause of this. It's never easy being different, wanting to be accepted. Thanos just built on that want, pairing it with madness."

"That doesn't explain why. Did you just pity him?"

"No. I understood him. We are creatures of grief and dust and bitter longing. We are the black sheep. Asgard tried to force him into a mold he didn't fit, as is what happened to me back where I grew up. We think it's better to be alone so nobody can hurt you, but really, it just drives you insane."

I turned to walk away.

"Just remember Thor, every villain is a hero in his own mind. Don't forget that."

"Fight with us!"

I looked over my shoulder.

"Standing with him, remember?"