LIE #6

LIE #6

"He really grows on you doesn't he."

We were back to our conversation. Bruce seemed abnormally happy while the others (Not including me) were serious.

"Loki's going to drag this out, so, Thor. What's his play?" Captain looked at Blondie expectantly.

"He has an army call the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known." Thor moved from his 'brooding position' to pace around the room. "He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth, in return, I suspect, for the tesseract."

"Wonderful! Alien attack! This day keeps getting better!" Everyone ignored me.

"An Army? From outer space?"

"So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Eric Selvig for." Bruce removed his glasses.

"Selvig?" Thor inquired.

"He's an astrophysicist."

"He's a friend."

Cue awkwardness.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell." Natasha finally spoke up. "Along with one of ours."

"I want to know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Captain said.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. This guys brain is a bag full of cats, you can smell crazy on him."

"Take care how you speak." Thor said, obviously annoyed. "Loki is beyond reason but he is of Asgard, and he is my brother."

"He killed 80 people in 2 days." Natasha replied, unamused.

"He's adopted?"

"I love how that was more of a question that a statement." I snorted.

"But what do they need Iridium for?" Banner spoke over me.

"It's a stabilizing agent." Stark entered the room with Coulson. Great.

"Means, the portal won't collapse on itself like it did at shield." Stark walked over to Thor and clapped him on the arm. "No hard feelings, point break. You've got a mean swing."

Oh, when will this man stop talking?

"Also means the portal stay open as wide and forever long as Loki wants."

Stark strutted onto Fury's podium thing, which was surrounded by screens.

"That man is playing Galaga, thought we wouldn't notice, but we did." He pointed to the accused party. Covering one eye, he twisted around.

"How does Fury even see these?"

"He turns." Maria (Who I hadn't even noticed) answered, disapproving of Stark's antics.

"Sounds exhausting."

He tapped the screens.

"The rest of the raw materials Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. Only major component he still needs is a power source of high energy density. Something to kick-start it."

"When did you become an expert in Thermo-nuclear astrophysics?"

"Last night." Confused looks all around. "The packet, Selvig's notes." He looked at everyone expectantly. "Am I the only one who did my research?"

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?"

"He need to heat the cube to (insert extreme heat here) just to break through the cooling barrier." Banner started pacing as well.