Chapter 2: Unexpected

A/N: Second chapter!!! Hope you like it. :) Please vote, comment or be a fan. :)

 I imagine Drew Miller like that, on the multimedia but you can imagine him as someone else, it's up to you. :)

This is my first story so please support it. :)

_____________________________________________________

The sound of my alarm clock radiated through my ears. I repeatedly blinked my eyes to adjust from the beaming light that passes through my window.

I hopped off my bed and prepared all the things I needed quickly. It’s Friday, which means my flight to L.A. is today.  I checked once again if my things are all ready. I can’t mess up especially with this job. I’ve done a lot of undercover so it’s really hard for me to remember my fake names, I always forget them.  And being an undercover agent is like being an actress. You need to act in front of people as if there’s a camera in front. You need to hide your true feelings and you can’t let people affect you. When they affect you, they affect your cover too.

I headed to the bathroom, stripped my clothes and took a bath. After that, I went to my closet and chose to wear a studded tank top matched with a denim jacket and a black fitted leather pants. I’m almost finished. I took the two important envelopes from my drawer and put it inside my bag.

“Beryll!” My dad called, his voice rang through my ears.

“I’m ready!” I shouted back.

 I looked around my room one last time before I went out. I’m so gonna miss my home. I went downstairs and saw him talking to Mr. Stewart, the head of the officers. I was a bit startled when I saw Mr. Stewart; he barely checks the assignments we operate. Well, maybe because he’s busy with more complicated cases.

“Hey dad.” I greeted. “Good morning Mr. Stewart.”

“Wow, is this your daughter?” He asked my dad, pointing at me.

“Yes, sir.” He replied. Mr. Stewart grinned at me and gave me an applauding look.

“Well congratulations Mr. Murray, she’s splendid.” He said. I smiled at him, mouthing ‘thank you’ for his compliment.

“You ready?” Mr. Stewart cocked a brow.

I simply nodded, biting my lip reluctantly.

“Alright, straight to the point.” He muttered with a serious tone, clearing his throat. We all sat on the couch. Dad presented some papers and paved it onto the table.

“This is Mr. Morgan.” Mr. Stewart said, pointing at a man’s photo. Mr. Morgan looked like a middle aged man. He didn’t even look like he would do some crime, he actually looked demure. He probably uses his virtuous face to fool the Miller family. And the sad thing is, they fall for it.

“I want you to keep your eyes on him, every minute if possible.” Mr. Stewart uttered sternly.

 I breathe heavily, trying to comprehend everything he’s saying. “Make him like you. If he wants a coffee, make a coffee for him. Do everything he says.” He added.

“If I fulfill that, what am I gonna do next?”

“Search all his files, get access to his bank account and find all the ownerships he didn’t state on his papers. Seek all the evidences you need to get.” Mr. Morgan ordered. I slowly nodded as pressure radiated through my body. I reviewed Mr. Morgan’s information once more, not letting a single word or punctuation slip on my sight.

“I’ll do my best.” I uttered.

“This is why we chose you to do this task.” He replied, followed by a priggish nod.