Chapter 18

[I'm not sure how good this chapter'll be as I *cannot* write happiness well. It's a problem, I know.]

Lachlan and I sit under the tree until I note everyone will be getting out of detention soon. Basically, we sat there for a while, talking and enjoying silence. He stands up and pulls me up with him, and we walk towards the school. I see Preston and Rob hug outside the doors. Rob starts pulling Preston's arm towards the direction of his house. Preston sees me and stops Rob, which takes a lot of strength, but he does and points at us. Lachlan and I run towards them.

"Where's Jerome and Brandon?" I ask.

"They left earlier because they weren't exactly doing anything too bad. Didn't you guys see them?" Rob replies. I shake my head.

I hear Preston mumble under his breath, "Probably too busy making out," and I punch him lightly. He smirks.

"Maybe they went through the other door," Lachlan says. "I want to go home. I've spent enough time in school."

"Are you taking Vikk with you or going with him?" Preston smirks.

"Whichever one you prefer," Lachlan tells me.

"Vikk's parents are never home," Rob adds. I glare at him, but he just smiles back. "I'm just trying to help you make a better decision."

Lachlan chuckles and grabs my hand, pulling me away from Brandon and Preston. I wave at both of them as I leave. Then, I ask where we're going.

"Your house. What'd you think?" Lachlan replies.

"I mean, we're going in the wrong direction, so I'm not sure what I thought." I turn to the left and start walking again. "At least you don't know where I live."

"Hey, maybe i was just going in that direction so you'd think that." I look at him, but Lachlan just grins weirdly. "I'm kidding. Or am I?"

"Can I change my mind about whether or not I like you?"

"Nope. You've made the decision already; it's too late." I wrap my arm around his side. "You're joking, right?"

"Maybe, maybe not."

[*Throws computer away* This was the worst chapter I've ever written.]