Chapter 2

"See you later. I have to drop some stuff off at home, and then, I'll be at Rob's," Brandon waves. We hang out at someone's house everyday. Yesterday was mine, and tomorrow will be Brandon's.

"Later," I reply. I open my locker. Brandon leaves me to put away and get some books. I realize how horrible and messy my locker looks and start organizing it. I'm not sure how long I take, but when I'm done, there's no one else in the hallways. Oops?

"Hey, loser," Someone says behind me. I turn around and see 3 boys in football jerseys.

"Umm, yeah?" I answer.

"Why so neat? Are you gay?" The same person taunts.

"No, I just like cleanliness."

"Yup, he's gay," The boy on the right says. I roll my eyes and start walking away. One of the boys push me back.

"Hey, we're not done yet," The boy says. I feel pain in my eye as one of them punches me. I don't respond to the pain much, which I guess displeases them because someone kicks my shin hard enough for me to fall. They continue kicking me in the stomach, shoulder, and side until I can barely breathe.

"Hey, stop!" Someone yells.

"C'mon, it was just a joke," I hear one of the boys respond. Some sick joke.

"But he could be hurt! Just leave him alone alright?" The sound of footsteps start and grow fainter. I start pushing myself up, but everything hurts. The boy that saved me offers me a hand, and I accept without looking up. When I do look up, I immediately pull my hand away.

"You okay?" Lachlan asks me. I nod and resist the urge to glare. His smile disgusts me.

"Y'know, you have really beautiful eyes," He compliments. I feel a gag, and it's really hard to stop myself.

"Your hair is very pre-" I can't take it anymore. My hand comes in contact with his cheek, and I slap him. I leave Lachlan's face shocked as I run away, my backpack banging against my back.

"Holy shit, Vikk. What happened?" Rob asks me when he opens the front door of his house.

"Bad things," I growl. In his room, I tell him a brief explanation of what happened while we work on homework. Halfway through the story, Brandon shows up.

"That sucks," Brandon comments once I announce the end.

"Totally. Think some CS:GO will cheer you up?" Rob suggests. I smile and nod. These guys know how to cheer me up. Brandon and I head to the guest room. We spend so much time over at each other's house, we basically have a room reserved for us. I sit down at one of the computer seats and Brandon sits at the other. During our game, we hear Rob's phone go off.

"Hold on a second," Rob tells us. We continue playing as we hear Rob talking.

"Who do you think it is?" Brandon asks.

"Dunno, maybe his mom?" I guess. Rob's mom is always on business trips and checks up on him a lot. After forever, Rob returns to the game, only to discover he's dead.

"What a way to die. While you're AFK," He says.

"Who was on the phone? Mama Woof?" I ask him.

"Nah, it was Preston."

"What did he want?" Brandon questions.

"Just to talk. And to maybe join us in the game."

"Nah, I'm bored of the game." I push my chair out of the desk. Brandon follows me to Rob's room.

"So, now what?" Brandon asks.

"Dunno, don't care," I answer.

"We could-" Brandon was interrupted by a phone vibrating.

"Sorry, Preston's calling me," Rob excuses himself and goes into the hallway, leaving Brandon and I. I frown.

"Again," I mumble, frustrated.

"Vikk, are you alright?" Brandon looks at me.

"Well, I could be better if my worst enemy didn't flirt with me, and our best friend wasn't ignoring us," I respond.

"Drop the sass," Brandon commands. "You know I don't like it."

"Sorry, I'm just frustrated," I apologize. Brandon puts an arm around my shoulders, trying to make me feel better.

"It's okay, Vikk. It's been a long day for you, I understand."

I hug him back, and I feel like a child again. Little 5-year-old Vikk being comforted by his mother or father. It makes me feel better. Sort of.