|1|

!!Warning!! The first few chapters are rocky, and like every other book please give it a chance! The story gets more interesting, trust me! Thanks❤

And just a heads up, Cassandra is still a naïve and innocent teenager that has a wall built to protect herself. You'll see how she changes through the book into a strong, independent woman. Characters change for the better from their experiences.

It tastes amazing! The strawberry flavored taffy that just happened to be my current favorite candy. I moaned in approval as I chewed, earning disgusted looks from Ameth. Why was she so grossed out by my moaning when Mandy and Drew were full on making out on the couch next to her?

"Fight me." I said still with my mouth full of taffy. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms gradually over her chest.

"You know I'd win." She teased.

"Would you?" I chimed. She smiled her crooked grin and I giggled. The sound of tongues and mouths stopped my laughing though.

"Would you two cut it out?! We're right here! Save it for your bedroom!" Ameth pushed Mandy off of her arm. She had shifted slightly off of Drew's lap and onto Ameth's arm for support.

Mandy broke their lips from contact and fixed her position. She sat completely appropriately on Drew's lap, swinging her arms over his neck.

"Sorry." She breathed a sigh. "Couldn't help myself." A smirk fell on her lips as she winked at Ameth.

"Can you not flirt with someone else when I'm right here?" Drew joked.

"Yeah whatever." Ameth grumbled, shifting her sitting position and putting her hands across her chest again. I finished the rest of my taffy smiling instead of laughing at my friends. Well, Drew wasn't my friend. He had just arrived with Mandy, but Ameth and I didn't question.

See, when you find your mate and you have marked them you are basically attached to them. You always want to be with them, so we didn't blame her for bringing him. He just so happened to be the future alpha's best friend, and that is the only thing I hated about him.

Drew just happened to be Mandy's mate. He was popular and a jerk to everyone except Mandy and now us, but if you asked me I'd say he's softened up being mated to the most innocent of the wolves in our pack. But like I said, he was the future alpha's best friend, along with Hunter who was also pretty up there on my hated scale. Chase, the future alpha, basically ruled the school being the alpha's son and well...being hot. But, ruling the school he can torment anyone with his friends at his side being Hunter and Drew, except Drew softened up meeting cute little petite Mandy.

Mandy was adorable. She was short and had short blonde hair. Her blue eyes sparkled everyday no matter how tired she was. Always had positive vibes.

Ameth on the other hand was basically opposite. She was tall and annoyed with the slightest things, including someone accidentally touching her in the hallway. That bad.

Ameth was basically a grouch... for most of the time. She was funny though.

I guess I was a mix between the two. A little grouchy but also positive. That's what I wanted to be though, happy with this new life I found for myself. I just hoped I could find my mate sooner rather than later to finish off the things to do in my life.

"I hope I can find a mate that I connect to when I turn 17." I beamed, twirling a strand of my hair. Mandy giggled.

"That's tomorrow. You think it will happen so soon?" she asked. I shrugged.

"It can happen at anytime, any place Mandy. Don't doubt her wolfs instincts." Ameth joked. Drew whispered something to Mandy that made her giggle and blush. She stood from his lap and brushed her jeans off.