Chapter 26

Carter was awakened by the soft sound of the rain ticking against his bedroom window. As he slowly came to his senses, he listened to the soft ticking sound, and the water gushing down the pipelines. A sudden feeling of nostalgia overwhelmed him as he thought back of all the times that he woke up to this exact same sound.

The bed was warm, warmer than usual, and he knew why. Carter slowly opened his eyes and looked out at his room. Clothes were messily spread on the floor and despite it already being morning, it was rather dark due the rainy clouds blocking the sun rays.

He slowly turned around to lay on his other side and faced the person laying next to him. Josh still had his eyes closed, and Carter watched his chest rise and fall as he breathed. He now only noticed how handsome he was even when he was sleeping. The bruised eye was gone and Carter could now watch his un-bruised face from up close properly. He rested his cheek on the pillow as he watched the blond's face. He could still see his 14 year old version in his face, only manlier. His face had gotten longer, and his features sharper and his nose larger. His eyebrows were bushier and his cheeks had gotten flatter. Though looking at him sleeping, his face relaxed as if he was his old, happy, careless self again, he could see the Josh he knew before he left again.

Carter leaned in and pressed his lips against the other's. They were soft and warm, and he couldn't seem to get enough of kissing him. When he pulled away, he saw Josh's eyelids moving a little and a soft groan escaped his lips. His eyes opened, revealing the light blue iris which was hidden underneath the lid, looking back at Carter's brown ones. The corner of his mouth went up in a small, playful smile and his tired yet happy look had Carter smile in response.

"Good morning," Josh spoke, shifting up a little. "How long have you been awake?"

"I think since a minute or two," Carter replied, looking up at the other male. He also moved a little and then felt a slight stinging pain within his rear, groaning as he traced his fingers over the skin of Josh's chest. "My bum hurts, again," he spoke.

Josh gave a soft chuckle and kissed the top of Carter's head. "Sorry. I did try to be more careful this time."

Carter gave a shrug and pressed a kiss to Josh's collarbone. "It doesn't matter how much my bum hurts. I liked it both times either way."

Josh snickered at Carter's comment and leaned down to kiss him on his lips. The brunette's hands went to Josh's neck and kissed him back tenderly. He let the other move on top of him and felt something warm poking his thigh. Carter's lips formed a small smirk and moved his leg a little more up.

"Good morning to you too," he said, though he was speaking to the particular limb which was poking his thigh.

Josh chuckled as he continued kissing him. "Shut up. It's a natural response," he spoke against Carter's lips, causing him to smile.

"Then I will take full responsibility," Carter said. He moved his hand underneath the covers to run his fingers over the muscle as he continued kissing the blond.

"Carter could you go to the post office for me to-" a voice was heard, yet cut off mid sentence, after the bedroom door was opened.

Carter broke the kiss and turned his head before seeing his mother standing in the door opening. Josh immediately rolled off him and Carter sat up, heat flushing through his cheeks in embarrassment and surprise. "M-Mom," he stuttered. He could tell his mother was taken by surprise to see her son like that and Carter only felt more embarrassed upon seeing her facial expression.

Mrs. Raymore looked from from Carter to Josh and back to Carter before she awkwardly cleared her throat. "Ah, nice to see you again, Josh," she said.