"Oh," he frowned. Wait, frowned? Why was he frowning?

"What's wrong?" I furrowed my eyebrows in concern.

"Nothing," he muttered under his breath before walking away.

What just happened?

----

"Mum, why isn't Luke our dad?" Del asked while digging her hand through a packet of Haribos- trying to find the ring shaped one so she could wear it on her finger.
I'd been asked the same question a lot recently- especially by Delilah.

"Because he's not," I quietly mumbled.
I didn't really enjoy the topic about the kids' father because it was Josh and nobody else-

"Because I'm not what?" My eyes widened at the sound of Luke's voice coming from the stairs. He strolled into the room and propped himself onto the sofa. He lifted Delilah by the waist and began tickling her before placing her on his lap. "Because I'm not what?" he asked again, but this time he specifically asked Delilah.

"Me and Jamie's dad," she chirped optimistically. Luke smiled at Del before whispering something in Del's ear- making her giggle.

I looked at the two of them and smiled at the positive outcome of Luke's relationship with the kids. I turned my gaze Luke to find him staring directly into my eyes with his piercing blue ones. As soon as he caught a glimpse of me staring at him, he immediately turned away and continued playing around with Del.

What was that about?

-----

"Mum! I want some Nutella!" Jamie demanded. I rolled my eyes at his stubborn behavior and let out a huff. I looked to my right to see Del looking at me with puppy eyes.

I folded my arms over my chest before speaking. "Fine," I gave in. "I'll go to the shops and do the rest of the shopping as well,"

After convincing the kids to sit calmly and watch TV while I'm gone, I got changed into blue high-waisted shorts and a knitted jumper that had the cheeky monkey emoji on it. As soon as I reached out to grab the car keys, another hand grabbed it before I could. I looked up to see Luke smirking at me. "Ready?" he asked, still smirking.

"I can go on my own, Luke. I'm not a little kid," I said the last part slowly so it would fit in that pea-sized brain of his.

"I know you're not a little girl," he replied slowly, obviously mimicking me. "I just wanna come," he shrugged.

"And what about the kids?" I propped an eyebrow up to show that he'd definitely failed this time.

"Cecilia is coming over," he grinned as if he was the smartest person in the world. Because nobody can hire a babysitter except Luke the Great.

"Whatever," I mumble.

-

When we reached Walmart, Luke decided to stay with me instead of going to other sections to do his own shopping. "What about this?" He revealed a packet of mini flapjacks.

"No, it's not good for your health or the kids," I replied bluntly. He placed the packet of flapjacks back onto the shelf and began searching for other food and everyday supplies we needed.

"Luke! Stop being such a kid and speeding with the trolley!" I yelled. Luke ignored me and ran faster with the trolley. I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour and grabbed a jar of strawberry jam before following him.

As I made my way into the next isle, I saw Luke frozen on his spot- staring at something directly in front of him. I followed his gaze and my eyes met with Brooke. Instead of smiling in excitement, my eyes were widening at the two figures in front of me.

Brooke stood there with her lips pressed on another guy's. He was about the same height and age as Luke- extremely similar looking except his hair was brown with bits of blonde.

"I love you, babe," the guy smiled into their kiss. My eyes traveled down to Brooke's belly- Brooke's round belly. I wasn't quite sure if my eyes could get any wider than they were now. She was pregnant with another guy and not Luke...

It hurt me so much to see Luke this way- just simply staring at the couple with no emotion on his face. I walked up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder to make him feel better but instead he pulled away as if I was hurting him more. I was taken aback by his sudden action but pushed away the thought and try to make him move from the spot he was glued onto.

"Babe, we should stop. We're in public," Brooke giggled. I felt a rush of anger through me to know that one of my best friends was cheated on by another on of my best friends.

"No shit, Sherlock!" Luke yelled at the two. I half expected Luke to make commotion in a shopping centre.

Brooke and her partner instantly pulled away and snapped their heads towards Luke. Her eyes immediately widened at the sight of Luke and she stumbled back a bit in shock. "Oh my God, Luke?" she questioned- confused.

"Yes, it's Luke. Your ex-boyfriend," he emphasized the last word. To be honest, I knew that he was going to say something like that because if I were to make the decision then, yes, I'd dump her on the spot for cheating on someone as nice as Luke.

With out saying another word, Luke gripped the trolley handle and stormed out of the isle and towards the till.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

What the hell, Tess? Of course he's not alright! He just caught his girlfriend cheating on him after almost a whole year!
My subconcious told me.

Luke said nothing in reply and began picking things from the trolley and placing them onto the moving belt that was on the right of the cashier.

I didn't bother asking again because clearly, he didn't want the topic to be touched.

When we got home, Luke helped to put the bags of shopping in the kitchen as quick as he could and made his way upstairs- to his room.

Well, he was definitely not feeling too well.
I decided to go to the kids' room to make sure they don't go to Luke and annoy him.

----
A/N:

Hey guys

Sorry for the late upload. I had a heck load of homework and I'm sure I died 3 or 4 times during the process.

Anyways hope you liked the upload.

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE?

Ly :)