Thirty

*Rose's POV*

-Sunset Falls, South Carolina-

"Are you ready for some total kick-ass fun this week?!" I yelled to Allyson, even though she was sitting right next to me in the passenger seat. I drummed my fingers on the steering wheel and swayed to the radio. My window was cracked and it was blowing fresh air through the car, whishing our hair around. I glanced over at my cousin and she was staring at her phone with way too much concentration.

"Yo? Earth to Allyson," I said. She just cocked an eyebrow at me and her eyes swept over the touch screen. Something she was looking at was definitely drawing all of her attention. This is hard to believe because she had the same attention span as a squirrel.

I switched lanes to get off the exit coming up in a mile. When I turned back she was still looking at it, now smiling a bit.

I sighed loudly. "That's it," I muttered. I snatched the iPhone from her quickly.

"Hey!" she exclaimed, trying to gain it back. I drove with my right hand and held it in my left so she couldn't reach. "Give it back, whore!" She commonly called me that when she was angry at me or just joking around. It's okay since I call her skank. It was kind of this inside joke we've had for a long time.

"No! Not after you rudely ignored me."

I turned onto the exit and pulled up to a red light with a "No turn on red" sign above it.

"Now let's see what you were so into," I thought aloud. I slid the unlock across the screen. It looked familiar then I realized what it was. "Okay, tell me why exactly your background is the picture Tommy drew?" I looked more closely. "And why are there hearts on the sides?"

She blushed heavily and twirled her hair with a finger. I squinted at the phone again, and then it struck me.

"Oh, no." I warned, "Please don't tell me you like him." The light changed to green, and I threw her mobile into her lap before turning right.

She huffed and looked out the window. "So what if I do?" she said with a defensive tone.

I rolled my eyes to myself. "Uh hello, two main reasons; one he's gay, and two he's with Adam!" Yeah... with Adam...

Her arms were crossed now and she rested her head against the back of the seat. "You think I don't know that?" She annoyingly bit her nail before continuing. "But I mean come on! Tell me it's not a sign that he drew me... from his head!" I nodded my head some.

Her hands slammed down on her thighs and her eyes widened, still in amazement at the fact.

I sighed quietly and drove in silence for a few minutes. "Just trust me. It's hard to like someone that won't like you back and even harder when you fall for them and they fell for someone else." Wow. I just put a damper on my own mood.

Though she was my cousin, I sometimes treated her like a little sister. I couldn't help it. I was protective over the people I was close to.

She opened her mouth to protest, but didn't. Even with someone as stubborn as she was it was hard to argue with my point.

I realized that we only were about five minutes away from Sunset Falls Campground, and I started to fidget in my seat. I just loved camping! Especially with friends! (I don't know about you, but I seem a little bipolar right now.)

A familiar tune rang in my ear, and I turned up the volume on the car radio. Finally! Some good music to sing our hearts out to! Allyson knew it too, and a grin grew on her lips. I smiled wide when I began to sing.