Eleven

*Tommy's POV*

We just sat there in silence in the art room, working on our projects. It wasn't awkward, but thoughtful. I could tell we both were thinking about our past lives and what was to come. It was weird how I could get a general idea of what he was thinking by looking at him or touching him. It amazed me. I smiled to myself, then I looked at my paper and it disappeared. I let out a groan of disappointment.

Adam took a break from his and pushed it aside, out of my view. "What's wrong?" he asked me.

I rolled my eyes with my sentence.

"I just totally suck at drawing." I put my face in my hand, embarrassed as he brought the paper to himself.

I opened my fingers a bit so I could see his expression. To my surprise, he didn't laugh, but smiled and nodded his head.

"No you don't!" he said, honesty in his blue eyes. He glanced at it again, then back at me. "Hmm... original someone, I'm guessing?"

"Mhm," I nodded shyly.

"Well, I like her hair. Oh, and her eyes; they really show what she's thinking."

I looked at him very amused. "Oh? And what is that?"

He raised an eyebrow at it, studying it more closely. "Love, confusion, fear," he stated.

"Wow," was all I could manage. He nailed it spot on.

"I was right, wasn't I?" he smirked.

I nodded with a smile. "Yeah, you were. That was exactly what I was aiming for."

"Now, either you are a REALLY great drawer, or I am an unbelievable guesser," he joked cockily. I pushed him gently in the arm. "I think that it is more of you being a good drawer though."

I blushed and smiled, looking away. I gathered myself. "Maybe, you can just read eyes," I challenged.

"Hmm. Well, let's see." Adam turned towards me and looked intently at me with those piercing blue eyes.

Shit. I shouldn't have said that. I tried my hardest to look away, but that didn't work. So, I just attempted to hide my real feelings. And those feelings I did NOT want him to know. But then again, I won't have to tell him if he can just see himself...

He smiled wide and shook his head.

I froze; I thought he read me right. "I can't read them," he sighed. I let go of the breath I was holding in and finally could look away.

"That's too bad," he said. "I was kind of hoping I could get into that pretty little head of yours." He sure knew how to make me blush.

*Adam's POV*

Our silence in the art room was comfortable and I kind of liked it. It was different, but in a good way. My family are not the quietest people, and I don't usually stop talking around the people I like. I could tell he was in deep thought though, and so was I, so it turned out well. I loved how I could tell what he was thinking just by his eyes and his face, and even when I held his hand it was like we shared the same mind.

Having that connection only made me like him more. I sighed in content, looking over what I had done with my project. I needed to make him his perfect little self, so I didn't get very far but what I had done was (if I do say so myself,) perfect. Just when I need my talent to succeed, it does.

Tommy groaned, breaking the silence. I asked him what was wrong.

"I just totally suck at drawing," he stated. I grabbed the piece of paper in front of him and brought it to myself. He looked like a cute little cat peeking through his fingers. I couldn't help but smile at the sight in front of me. And the face on the paper was actually coming together really nicely. He just needs to stop being so hard on himself.

"No you don't!" I glanced at it once more. It didn't look like someone famous. "Hmm... An original someone I'm guessing?"

He nodded shyly. The girl's hair was in a loose side pony-tail and the hair was beginning to have different shades. Her eyes had a light eye shadow around them and with some eyeliner. Her eye-lashes were thick but short.

Somehow, the drawing seemed familiar to me, "Well I like her hair. Oh, and her eyes; they really show what she's thinking."

"Oh? And what is that?" he said.

I looked in the eyes more closely, reading them. My mom said it was a gift to be able to read people's eyes, real or made, and she said it was a greater gift to be able to draw them so people could tell. Tommy did an amazing job with that.

Love, confusion, fear. Those were the first things I picked up from it.

He looked shocked. "Wow."

The way he said that made me know I was right, and I of course, read his eyes. "I was right, wasn't I?" I smirked.

He smiled at me. "Yeah, you were. That was exactly what I was aiming for."

Oh yeah, I'm always right. "Now, either you are a REALLY great drawer, or I am an unbelievable guesser," I joked.

I said the next sentence more seriously. "I think that it is more of you being a good drawer though." Hey, it was the truth. It's HARD to be able to draw like that. He blushed and looked away from me.

"Maybe, you can just read eyes," he challenged.

Oh no, he went there. This will be a piece of cake.

"Hmm. Well, let's see." I turned towards him and looked him in the eyes, those beautiful, warm chocolate eyes. I could tell he was trying to look away, but people have said it was almost impossible when I was trying to read them.

-Love, confusion, fear.

Wow. His girl was just like him. In a way, I felt bad because he seemed pretty scared about something. On the other hand, I was glad to see the love. But I didn't want him to know I knew, so I just smiled and shook my head.

"I can't read them," I said. He breathed out in relief.

"That's too bad. I was kind of hoping I could get into that pretty little head of yours," I said. I knew just how to make him blush.