Twenty-Eight

*Tommy's POV*

-Sunday driving to Sunset Falls, South Carolina-

Adam's hand was in mine as we were walking down the beach. The soothing aroma of the salty sea mixed with the sand filled the air. The cool, fine grains were sinking between my toes with each step and the soft wind blew my hair. Shards of orange and yellow broke through the sky. I sighed in complete peace and leant into Adam. He took his hand from mine and slid it around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I couldn't think of a better place to be right now.

Strolling leisurely down the shoreline, a wooden platform came into view. Dozens of candles lit the way as the sun sank over the horizon. I glanced up at Adam. He held my eyes and I was sucked into them, drowning in their own beautiful water.

 He smiled warmly and faced me, turning me so I was held in his arms. I wrapped my hands at the back of his neck. He stepped forward and I stepped back, suddenly the warmed wood patting under our feet. We started to stride in sync, dancing slowly to our silent melody.

Smoothly and gradually turning in a circle, I let Adam lead as I rested my head on his chest, his heart keeping the beat. I breathed in his comforting scent and held him tighter.

 A feathery kiss was placed in my hair and his thumbs rubbed small circles in my hips, causing tremors to shoot though me. He kept his plush lips on my head, stealing innocent kisses every few seconds.

I'd shut my eyes and listened to the crash of the waves, followed by the soft, tender, whisper of "I love you."

My eyelids flittered open and I awoke with a smile on my face. The sun had peaked over the city buildings and filtered through the car. I looked at the black-haired beauty that I was sleeping on. He was staring attentively out the window. It was cracked open enough to wisp his bangs around.

I lifted myself off of him and rubbed my eyes. He faced me and flashed a grin.

"Morning, sunshine," he said amiably. I smiled again.

"Morning?" I stretched my arms in front of me. "What time is it?" I asked groggily. Sleep was my weakness and it had not failed to make me lose my track of time.

"It's 11:30, dear," Leila replied. I raised my eyebrows in amusement. I had slept on Adam for almost six hours without waking up. I must've been really tired.

"I guess you could still consider that morning," Adam chuckled. "But I didn't want to wake you, so I let you sleep," he commented. "Trust me; you are going to need your energy this week. Especially today when we're setting up."

I yawned and looked around. Eber was sleeping in the passenger seat while Leila was driving now, and Neil had his headphones in and was texting. It looks like everyone was getting their energy.

I nodded and sat up straight. Adam took my hand and laced our fingers, causing me to shyly turn the other way to hide my red face. I watched out the window as cars rolled by, buildings passed one after the other, and people stride down the sidewalks. I figured we had exited the freeway and stopped by a local downtown area for a pit stop. The car rolled to a stop at a red light at an intersection.

"Tommy," Leila said to me. "Since you are the guest on this trip, where would you like to eat?"

As an instant response, my mind screamed tacos! But I didn't want to sound too excited, so I simply recommended, "Taco Bell?" I saw Adam nod in my peripheral vision and Neil popped up in his seat.

"Let's go there!" he shouted, waking Eber up in the process. He shot his youngest young son a look and face the road again, gesturing left to the restaurant.