Five

*Adam's POV*

I walked over to him and he waited patiently until I got there.

"Hey." I said.

"So what did the teacher want?" Shit, I forgot I was supposedly talking to her. I tried to think of something quick.

"Oh, uh... just wanted to see how the prop was coming." I smiled, trying to convince him as we started to walk together out of the auditorium.

"Oh," he said. He looked nervous. Probably because he wasn't used to someone being nice to him. We came up to an intersection of hallways.

"Hey, I'll talk to you during study hall, okay? And I'll find out more about the play."

He looked genuinely happy. He smiled and blushed when he replied, "Y-yeah."

I touched his shoulder, telling him with the touch that I was his friend, and I went off my way.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I had to walk to my next classes alone, and sit alone, and work alone... All alone until lunch where Rose was. I think had one or two people she talks to, but whenever I'm around it's just me and her. Like now, where we sat together outside at lunch. We always people-watched. It was pretty funny to see how people are. I wasn't really interested in anything but Tommy though.

"Oh my gosh, did you just see that girl? She totally just slapped that guy in the face!" Rose laughed as I sat with my head on my knees.

She didn't seem to notice until she didn't get a reply. I let out a groan from intense thought. "Hey, what's with you?" she asked.

I talked to her with my head down. "Ugh, it's Tommy! How am I supposed to ask him out? What if he doesn't even like me?"

Rose sighed. "Adam, I've known you for almost a year now and no one who meets you could NOT like you!"

She was such a good friend. I brought my head up. "Thanks, but that still doesn't solve my situation. I don't just want him to be my boyfriend, I like, want to leave an impression on him. You know, show him that not every guy in this school is a jerk." She looked off into the distance.

"Well you've got time. Let's see," she started and began to play with her hair. "you can talk to him today during study hall and art, and you already are picking him up at his house! But you need to know where he lives, so don't forget to ask him," she joked.

"Trust me, I won't. Oh, do you know what play they will be doing next?"

Rose was in drama all year and new pretty much everything that was going on there. "Psh yeah!" She stopped talking and seemed to doze off.

"Well?" I swear, that girl has the attention span of a 7 year old! But, she's easy to talk to and understands me. Plus, she is all I've got.

She laughed quickly. "Wow, sorry. I was just thinking about it for a sec. It's, what other than, Romeo and Juliet!" she said sarcastically and shook her hands like she was waving at someone. I laughed at her.

"Typical high school theater. Wait, who am I supposed to try out for? Romeo?" I looked at her seriously.

"Hmm. Good point." She tapped her finger on her chin. I jumped as an idea hit me. "Jeez Adam, do you want to give me a heart-attack?" a smile was on her face, even if she was trying to seem tough.

"What if I write a play?" I cried with excitement.

Her eyes widened. "What? I didn't even know you wrote!"

"Well I do and I used to direct too, so you need to help me."

"Alright, how?"

"You have connections! Put in some good word about me and I'll take care of the rest."

Rose nodded, her hair moving along with the movement.

"This could work," she said with a mischievous smirk. I took a deep breath in.

I have to have a plan.