The Last True Moment of Happiness

I ran towards the car,my parents following after me.The rain had stopped,and everything around me was a darker shade than it was before. It was the late evening and the sky was about pitch black,the remainder of sun shining over the horizon. My body was trembling in the cold,the wind blowing every once in awhile. I slid into the back of the minivan, tightening my seatbelt and jumping up and down as I was feeling nothing but ecstasy.  was

As we drove there,my parents laughed and told me all the adventures they had done.
"The attractions were beautiful! Remember the one where we rented a canoe and got to see that exquisite waterfall? Oh and that magnificent art exhibit?",Mom said.
Dad looked at me in the rear view mirror, then glancing back at the road.
"Hey Charlie...your about that age now where we can start taking you on trips with us...You want to come next time?",Dad said,smiling.
"Really?!",I said,full of excitement.
"Only if you want to...",Mom said.
"Yes! I really want to!",I yelled,"I'm so happy!!"
Mom and dad chuckled,turning on the radio. I stared out my window thing about how big the world was,and how...I'd never even been anywhere out of my home town. I wanted to be like my parents. Someday I will do all of these things,and they will be proud of me. After awhile,we arrived at the park. I stared out my window as we entered, the bright and colorful rides illuminating the night sky. It was like a magical paradise,roller coasters going in every direction as people screamed in joy. The entrance into the park had its name above it,the lights blinking colors of yellow and pink. We parked the car in the back of the parking lot,turning it off and getting out.
"Charlie! Stay with us!",Mom yelled as I ran toward the ticket booths,they running after me. I stopped in front of one of the many entrances,staring up at the teenage girl inside the booth. She wore a hot pink hat with the Hedgewood Crossing on it. Her name tag said Kaley,and she stared at me with boredom and fatigue as she leaned over the counter. My mom and dad ran up behind,my mom grabbing my arm.
"Don't do that again!",She whispered angrily into my ear.
"Hi...Welcome to Hedgewood Crossing where every days a good one...How may I help you...",She said sarcastically.
"Three tickets please.Also can we buy those fast passes?",Mom asked, getting out her purse.
"Sure...",She said,rolling her eyes and tapping the screen. I looked away from the booth,staring inside the park as kids ran in every direction,laughing and screaming filling the air. I heard music playing in the background,booths set up for face painting and food. Mom put her hand on my shoulder.
"Cmon Charlie!",She said,guiding me into the entrance. I walked into the park,looking around in amazement. Which one first?
"Mommy! Daddy! Let's go to that one!",I yelled,running towards the carousel. I pulled my mom's hand,getting in line. I watched as the carousel went round and round,my mind getting dizzy.

After a couple more rides, it was time to say goodbye. I was walking out of the amusement park when I saw a man starring at me in the parking lot.
"Mommy? Who's that man over there?",I asked.
Mom and Dad stopped me,looking over at him. They were silent,just watching from afar as the man walked away and disappeared.
"It's nothing Charlie. Cmon. Let's go home...",Dad said,picking me up and walking towards the car. I looked back at the park as it started to rain again hard,rushing to the car.