Chapter 12

Cassie's P.O.V

I ran as fast as I could, tears falling from my eyes. I didn't stop. I didn't stop running until I got into town. I had probably been running for half an hour before I flagged down a taxi and got in.

I mumbled out the directions between my sobs and the driver got me to the hospital. He was probably going way over the speed limit.

I ran out of the car and into the building. There was a lady at the front, telling me to calm down. I shook my head and said, "Michael Clifford. I need to see him please." I cried.

She looked sorry, and she have me his room number. 214. I ran up the stairs, not wanting to wait for the elevator. I didn't pay attention to anyone. I just pushed through the hallway until I found the door I was looking for.

I sighed and reluctantly opened the door. I didn't look at Michael, I turned around and closed the door. I looked up, shocked at what I saw.

The tears came faster and I put my hands over my mouth to keep from screaming. I walked over to his bed and sat down next to it. Michael. I wiped my eyes and took a deep breath.

His face was all bruised and bloody. His arms, we're the exact same. He had a split lip, and it looks like he has stitches on his forehead. His legs, were bandaged up and I was sure one was broken.

He looked peaceful. Sleeping. No one can hurt him. There were bags of liquid everywhere, and tubes going into his arms.

I carefully grabbed one of his hands, and held it. He was cold, and pale. I looked up at his face, only to see his eyes fluttering open a little. He looked around the room and then his eyes focused on me.

I have him a sad smile, but he didn't smile back. He looked down at our hands, and pulled his away.

"Michael." I sighed. I looked down at my lap. "I'm sorry."

"No you're not. Even if you were, why should I believe it's sincere?"

I looked him in the eyes. "Just trust me, okay?" He shook his head.

"Cassie. It's not fucking okay. Stop asking me to trust you when I'm still coughing up water from the last time you let me drown." He was angry. I saw hate, and hurt in his eyes.

I can't believe I caused this. I started crying again. "I'm sorry. I love you, Michael. I was too stupid to realize it." I looked in his eyes for something. Anything. But there was nothing but hate. And disappointment.

"Look, Cassandra. You can say sorry a million times, say I love you as much as you want, say whatever you want, whenever you want. But if you're not going to prove the things you say are true, then don't say anything at all. Because if you can't show it, your words don't mean a thing." He took a deep breath and continued. "Leave. Just go." I nodded and stood up.

I slowly walked over to the door, and I could feel his eyes on me. I turned around one more time, and then opened the door and left.

I walked down the halls and down the stairs with tears in my eyes. I reached the front doors, and headed out. It was pouring outside, but I had no ride and I didn't want to take a taxi.

Luke and Ashton probably just arrived, as they stopped me from going out when they came in.

They looked confused. "Why are you crying Cassie? Is Mike alright?" Luke asked hesitantly.

"He should be fine. He probably doesn't remember why he is here though. Some drunk driver hit him on the road." Ashton added.

I nodded. An accident? Thank god. He didn't try to hurt himself. I was relieved. But I just smiled at the boys and told them I was fine and left.

I walked home, in the pouring rain. Unsure if I was still crying or if it was the rain. My mom was gone, as usual. I let myself in and went straight for the shower.

I quickly undressed, and turned the water up to full heat. I stood under the water for awhile, and finally started washing my hair.

After I got out, I brushed my hair and took out my lip ring. I looked into the mirror, and felt nice. No makeup. Just me. I need to dye my hair again, and I'm dying it back to my natural color. I miss the girl I was.

Sighing, I got into bed and turned off my lights.

One day I'm going to wake up and realize I should be tried. He was worth the fight. I gave up everything.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ashton's P.O.V

I looked over at Luke, who just shrugged. What the hell is wrong with Cassie? I mean, we all knew what happened between them but still.

Luke led me to room 214, and we went in. I was scared to see Mike. When we saw him, I almost started crying. He looks so bad. He opened his eyes and looked at us.

"Hey guys." He said. His voice was raspy and it was very quiet.

Luke and I sat down next to him and we started to talk. "Hi, Mike. How are you feeling?" Luke said.

"Like shit. I thought it was obvious but I guess not." He laughed.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Sure I guess." He took a deep breath. "I needed someone to talk to, and I knew you two were probably fucking, because Lashton af, so I went to Calum's. But when I got there, him and Cassie were kissing." He trailed off and looked at his hands. "So I drove off. I went to the city. But then I guess there was a car or whatever and now I'm here."

Luke and I nodded and tried to tell him that it would be okay. Except he didn't believe us. Luke poked me, and looked toward Michael's arms. Scars. Some new cuts. He doesn't deserve his.

"Mike, why didn't you tell us?" Luke asked.

"No one asked." Michael shrugged. Damn he shrugs a lot. I felt horrible. I knew Luke did, too. He needed someone and we weren't there.  Calum wasn't, either.

I don't know if they would make up or not. For the sake of the band. I hoped they would. We would have to cancel our upcoming gig, as Mike will probably still be in the hospital.

Luke looked like he was going to say something, but got interrupted when a nurse walked in. "Sorry boys. Visiting hour is over. You're welcome to come tomorrow." She smiled, and let us out.

I looked at Luke, and we both had tears in our eyes. No one asked. His words kept repeating in my mind.

(AUTHORS NOTE)

Hi guys! I really hope you like the story so far! Please comment suggestions and opinions of the book!

Don't forget to vote, it would make me really happy :D