The Escape

My eyes jolted open. Get it together, I thought to myself. I'm in the Inside, being held captive, and at the same time, could have started a war. The room was dimly lit, and for the first time, it looked somewhat peaceful. I couldn't stand it. I still couldn't move, being locked up here, and I wasn't sure how long it would last. Maybe they just wanted me to be here, until I died. It's not like I would starve...

"Hello?" A man called. "Anyone in here?" He asked. I debated speaking up, but I knew I should. "Yeah. What do you want?" I called. The man came forward. I had just realized how big the room was, I'm wasn't sure I could ever see the end of it. "Hello." He came closer. He looked in middle aged, and somewhat tough. "You must be Mia. Mia Divanne." I looked at him with disgust. "How do you know me?" I said. "Why, my ancestors knew yours." He said. "But that doesn't answer why you know my name!" He thought. "We have genetic identifiers, and we also got it from your friend, James Harthod. I stood silent. "So what do you want?" I asked again. "We need to run some tests on you, but it will require you staying still five days straight. But of course, you are not our guinea pig, so you may choose to accept or not. If you do not, the Inside, as you call it, has no hospitality for you. But if you do, you will have five days where we will give you service, let you wander around, and see your friend. The tests will not harm you in any way. Do you accept?" I thought. I thought about accepting. To be fair, it was very tempting. Taking a deep breath, I replied: "Yes. I accept."

About what I thought was an hour later, which was probably ten minutes, the hold on my boots and gloves let go. "Hello?" I asked. I was free, and no one was around to know, and even though there were probably cameras all around the room, I didn't care. I'm free. I'm free! I got up and ran around immediately. My legs ache from being held up so long. I can move my body! I will never again take that for granted. Someone walks through the door. "Hello?" I ask, which probable wasn't that smart. A familiar voice yells to me.

     "Mia!" He run toward me and hugs me tight. "James." I say. I take a deep breath and let him kiss me a thousand times. I've been waiting so long for this, I think. "I can't believe your alive." He said. "Alive?" I say. "They, they... They told me you were dead." Dead. That cold, hard word. The thing even I thought I was. I'm alive. James is alive. Not dead. "But I'm not! They had no right to tell you that!" I say, filled with rage. "Well duh. Calm down. We're free." Free. Another great word. "James..." Should I tell him? Yes, I should. "I think I just made a deal with the devil."

     I tell him all about the agreement, a little confused they wouldn't 'test' James, too. "So, what do we do now?" He asks. "We enjoy being free while we can, duh!" I shout and take his hand. I run with him out the door of this enormous room. I turn left a couple times, remembering the way I got here. We end up in a circle room, with no people in it except one. He was sitting behind a desk with a door behind him. An old man, but not too old, maybe in his fifties? He had jet black hair which had grey streaks and bright blue eyes. "Going somewhere?" He asked. "Umm... Someone said we were free to do what we like for the next five days." I told him the truth. "Hmmm..." He said, like he was thinking about something. "Have you met William yet?" I nodded my head, yes as James disgustedly said: "Who's William?" "Ahhhh..." The man let out of his mouth. "William is my son. He looking to see you inside." And he pointed to the door. I could see the sameness between William and his father. My spine shivered at the thought of the two boys meeting: James, bright and happy and William, dark and cold.

A/N

Hello peeps! From now on I'm gonna be doing shout outs sometimes when I post so plz read and vote! I luv u all!

1st shoutout goes to: Broken_Window
You are great! Anyway thanks so much for reading and liking my books!