The Dream

Everyone was in their homes, safe and sound. Only the leaders would be working now. The hail had become smaller, more like the size of golf balls, not basketballs. Our family was all together, by the fire when I decided to take a nap. I dreamt the dream I hadn't dreamt in awhile, but it was still clear in my mind. It was just how it was right when I fell asleep the night that I got back from running away. I dreamed of the Inside.     

 There were towers everywhere. Flying things that held people that could take them all over the land. The tall buildings and balconies. People everywhere were talking, eating, and ohhhh... The food looked delicious. Much more than what we got here. What I had been dreaming was like a time-lapse. It started off with just one dome shaped building. Than other buildings appeared as time went on. Then it stopped. A mirror was in front of me and the rest was black. I looked back at myself but instead of darkness behind me it was something I'd never dreamt. The Inside.     

 I woke up immediately. I was wicked hot from the fire. Mom and dad were gone. Then I realized they were right in the kitchen. "Are you okay darling? You were asleep for hours and that fire was very hot." Mom came into the living room. "Yeah mom." I replied. "I'm fine. I'm just going to go outside and cool off."     

 The chilling winter air woke me up. Even on the porch the ice flying through the wind stung my skin. I thought about what was happened in my dream. I used to get this dream about every 9 months or so but then it stopped. I hadn't had it for years and now there was more to it. This was bothering me majorly. I was afraid to go to sleep. Still out on the porch, I was getting cold. I was confused so I went inside and into my room. "Are you hungry?" My mom yelled. "Dinner's almost ready." "I'll be out in a sec." I yelled back. Exactly how long had I been asleep? The dream seemed shorter than usual, but with the part about the mirror... Then I stopped. I had fallen asleep sometime around 6:00. Now it was 5:30. I had been asleep about a day.