"Aw, girls" Alpha Terence said teasingly as he toyed with my mate's hair. I growled at him along with Nick. "Look at your mates acting all strong" he was trying to make us mad- and it was working.

My nails were digging into my palms as my hands were in tight fists. 'Calm down. You don't want Piper to get hurt' Toby demanded through mind-link. Slowly, I relaxed my hands and kept my eyes on Piper. She was frowning as her body was trembling with fear. "Terence, don't do this. Please. They're innocent" Terence's mate begged him to stop.

Please listen to her. I pleaded in my mind. He looked like he was actually gonna stop. But then it was like something snapped inside of him. "They're traitors! All of you are traitors!" he growled at his pack.

I knew that there was no way to convince him to stop. He was crazy. He waved the gun around, pointing it at all of us. "I'm gonna fucking kill you!" the words slipped out of my mouth before I could stop them. 'Caleb-'

Toby's voice was immediately cut off when Terence pushed the gun against Piper's head. She bit her lip as silent tears streamed down her face. The girl next to her was watching as she also cried. Looking at Piper's broken and frightened expression, I couldn't help but shed a few tears. "Now that I have everyone's attention. I would like Nick and Caleb to step forward!" Terence declared.

Instantly, I knew it was a bad idea. The sick bastard would probably want us to participate in some twisted 'game.' I shook my head and was relieved when Nick shook his head too. "Really?" Terence asked. I glared at him as he smirked.

A loud gunshot pierced the air as he fired right between Piper and the other girl. They both screamed before sobs wracked their entire bodies. "How 'bout now?" Terence questioned. I quickly scrambled forward as well as Nick. I kept my eyes strained on Piper's tear-stained face.

"Now-" Terence started, sounding quiet satisfied with himself. "Both of you will have the chance to save your mates" he informed us. I knew it.

A sick fucking game. Beta George, Piper's father, stepped forward. "You two will fight, till one of you can't fight" he declared. I glanced between Nick and my mate. I would do anything to save Piper. However, she shook her head and mouthed 'don't do it.'

Turning to Nick, I saw that his mate mouthed the same thing. We both looked at Terence and shook our heads. My heart was pounding, afraid that he would just shoot Piper. "Well, then! Its a good thing I thought of another option!" he chirped.

By his enthusiasm, I knew that this was worse than us fighting. I knew that it was more vile. I narrowed my eyes at him as a smirk was etched on his face. "You either fight, or I kill your mates right now" he demanded. Knowing Terence, he's not bluffing.

It was like time froze. Fight with this guy that hasn't done a thing to me; or Terence kills Piper and the innocent girl. I would choose the fight; but Piper's expression was like she was silently begging me not to. I would do anything for her. But if she's dead, there's no point.

"We'll fight" my head snapped to Nick as we said the same sentence in unison.

With an ominous grin, Terence nodded his head. I watched very carefully as he pulled Piper to her feet. George was doing the same to Nick's mate. My eyes were strained on the gun that Terence held, pointing at my mate. "Everyone move back!" Terence demanded.

My pack looked to me for orders, and I nodded my head. They bowed and all took a few steps away. Nick's pack also spread out. So his and my allies stood behind us in a semicircle. On the other side of us, stood Piper, Nick's mate, George, Terence, and the group of rogues.

I looked around at everyone. Terence was playing with the gun in his hand, taunting us every time he spun it around his hand. George honestly looked bored out of his mind. The rogues were all standing stiff behind Terence and George, waiting to attack.