제41장 (Chapter 41)

Start from the beginning

I finally walked to the store, wearing a simple white tee and jeans. I brought only enough money with meーwhich I actually regret because there were so many stuffs that you can buyーso I have nothing to buy besides snacks.

The weather was perfectly fine, sun was up (but not that hot) and the breeze, oh I just love the breeze. Gaah~ Anyway, I was only two miles away from the store so I ran with excitement until I finally reached the entrance. I opened the door as the bell chimed, signalling that there's a new customer. As soon as I stepped on the wooden floor of the store, the employees greeted me with a smile and bowed. I bowed back as a sign of respect.

The store was colored with pastel-like colors. The wallpaper they used was sky blue; damn it was so beautiful. There were actually tiny clouds on it! Felt like I'm in heaven. They used soft fabrics for the curtains and table sheets. If ever we had a daughter, I'll definitely take her here. The store was so barbie-like.

"Hello, welcome to Happy Sweets Store! How may I help you?" one of the ladies said as she took a basket from her right side.

"I'm looking for macaroons," I said while staring at the other yummy pastries they have, "And.. Sweets,"

"I'll take care of it, please wait for a few minutes," she said as I sat on the bench near the counter. I'm sure they will all like it.

I suddenly thought of having a daughter, gaah~ Jungha will finally have a playmate and will stop nagging his aunties to play with him. Besides, Jungha's already five, I think it's nice to give him a sibling? How about twins? Oh my god, that would be perfect.

"Excuse me, your order is up!" the lady gave me the box of macaroons and a pack of assorted sweets. I paid them and went out of the store excitingly.

I was about to cross the road when I heard a loud noise coming from a huge van and then..

I saw people coming after me, everything became silent. I can't hear anything. People started pulling out their phones and their eyes looking at me, horrified on what happened. I saw the box of macaroons scattered all over the road, and thr candies I bought fir Jungha rolled away from my hand. The world seemed to turn around, and it made me so dizzy that I had a hard time opening up my eyes.

Jeon Jungkook, where are you?

{Jungkook's POV}

The hallways in the hospital turned very silent around 12 midnight; patients were on their own rooms, nurses and doctors were currently sneaking for a sleep. The only people that you can see were the families who were waiting for their loved ones to get better. But until now, Haneul is still sleeping.

[ flashback; around 8PM ]

We were waiting for the doctor and we all have finally stopped from crying. I told Jaemin to take Jungha home even though he begged me so much to make him stay until his mom wakes up. I would actually let him stay, but what if Haneul hadn't wake up anymore? Imagining it makes me kill myself, what more if it really happened and Jungha had witnessed it?

In the end, he still went home with Jaemin and Namjoon. Ae sook, who is obviously tired of waiting, accidentally slept on Seokjin's broad shoulder. Seokjin did the same as he leaned his head on Ae sook. Sighs. I wish Haneul would recover faster.

If I had just went out with her by the time she bought the macaroons, this won't happen. I wonder why bullshits never stopped from happening, I wonder why God made me come back if He'll take Haneul, I wonder why up until now, we can't have that Happy Ending we were dreamin of.

After a minute or so, the doctor finally came out and told us her state. He gave also gave us clues on what might happen and it gave me that feeling I wish I hadn't felt.