Special Chapter 4: Sugar

A/N: Just a short update in honor of Aidan's birthday today. XD A day in the life of Mr. and Mrs. Aidan Zabala.

"No!" I winced as a shower of powdered sugar descended like a cloud on my youngest daughter's bright red hair.

"Uguh..." I turned just in time to catch an egg before it completely rolled off the table. "Gah!"

"Oh crap..." I clapped a hand on my mouth as another egg hit me upside the head and I glared past the gooey, sticky mess slowly soaking it's way on my shirt. Twin laughter was their reply, their identical faces looking far too innocent at me.

At least she has good aim. Mana nga siya sa nanay niya. Red would be really proud.

"Behave, Scar," I cooed to my eldest and pried away the egg she clutched in her chubby hand. Mauubos yung mga itlog bago pa ako matapos mag-bake. I heard something crash and turned to see the cans of evaporated milk on the floor with bits of the broken glass that was once my mixing bowl. I gave a quick prayer to God for some strength.

"Aina Velvette Zabala." I picked up my white-encrusted little girl from her chair and combed her shock of red hair away from her face. She smelled like warm milk and sweet sugar. She sucked on her thumb and looked at me with her dark, dark, eyes. Ito lang ang feature na nakuha sa akin ng mga anak ko dahil almost carbon copy sila ng kanilang ina.

"Sheesh," I shook my head. I almost want to give up my idea tonight. Mukhang hindi nag-co-cooperate ang aking kambal. Malas ko lang dahil nag-day-off ang nanny nila at bukas pa ito makakabalik. "Anyway, maybe tonight's not my night."

In fact hindi ako sigurado kung makakauwi si Babycake. I've texted her hours ago pero wala siyang reply. Sanay naman ako na hindi nirereplyan ni Red pero sana... sana kahit ngayon lang mag-reply naman siya kasi miss ko na siya saka espesyal ang araw na ito.

If I thought courting an agent is hard, it's nothing compared to being married to one. And I didn't marry just an ordinary agent, I married Rejean Stein.

Siguro mamaya na lang ako magba-bake kapag tulog na sila.

I picked up Scar and brought her and Vel to the bathroom. Madungis na sila pareho dahil sa kakalaro sa mga ingredients ng cake na iba-bake ko.

"Daa!" Scar splashed the water around while Vel threw the wash towel over the lip of the tub. Ghad, I love my kids kaso... I'm drenched from head to toe at gutom na ako and they can't seem to run out of energy. It was a miracle na nabihisan ko sila ng twin sleeping jammies nila kahit inabot ako ng siyam-siyam. Shet, paano na lang kung nakapaglalakad na sila?

I shudder at the thought.

"Are my little cakes hungry?" I cooed to them nang makita kong namumungay na ang mga mata nila. After almost two hours of playing peek-a-boo and singing lullabies, sa wakas ay mukhang pagod na sila. I went to the small refrigerator na nasa kuwarto ng kambal at kinuha ang feeding bottles nila. They greedily drank the milk. Feeling ko mana sila kay Adam sa katakawan dahil hindi naman kami ganito kumain ni Red. Ayun, parang si Adam din knock-out pagkatapos lumamon. 

"Mmm...ang sweet talaga ng little cakes ko," I murmured softly as I left a kiss on each of their rosy cheeks. I turned down the lights and opened the night light which spilled soft bluish light in the room. I turned on the baby monitor and brought the other one with me.

I stretched my arms above my head as I surveyed the wreckage of the kitchen. Haay, one day siguro matuturuan ko ding magluto ang mga little cakes ko and we'll have lots of fun in the kitchen.

Pero ngayon... okay... this looks like it would take me the whole night.

***

I heard soft humming coming from the kitchen and paused to listen to my husband sing one of my favourite songs as he used a mop to clean what looks like eggs, milk, and broken glass on the floor.