Chapter Twenty-Eight- I Love You's and Amateur Singers

Start from the beginning

I was trembling miserably during the first song but I felt Rico taking care of me on the stage. He'd hold my hand and the sinple gesture would make me feel at ease. Kyla arrived right before the third song. I was doing good then. Great even. Even the girls who have been cheering for Rico and eyeing me from the beginning were enjoying the sound we were giving.

"You should quit waitressing and do this." Rico said as we entered the small dressing room.

"Do what?"

"Sing."

"I'm singing now."

"You know what I mean."

"Singing makes me feel light and happy. I don't wanna turn it into work."

"I get that but don't you wanna do something you love and get paid at the same time?"

"Oh I'm not getting paid for this now?"

He laughed and I joined him.

"May I join in?" Kyla opened the door and entered. "Gosh, bes. You were so good. I almost forgot how amazing your voice is. Please sing more often. You could actually make a career out of it."

"See, I told you." Rico butted in. Kyla gave him a confused look. "I was telling her to quit her job and sing then get paid."

"Awesome idea!" Kyla exclaimed.

Rico wore a proud face and shrugged smugly at me. "Great. Now I have people nagging me about singing. The more I don't wanna do it. Besides I don't think I could do that." I appreciated how much my friends appreciate my skill but it's not exactly part of my plans to sing for a living. I was okay with singing when I feel like it.

"Let's try. Sing the last song alone."

"What?"

"The song is not a duet anyway so you could sing it on your own."

"What?!"

"I'll be right behind you in case you need back-up which I doubt."

"Those people came for you. To see you and hear you sing. Why would you let me sing alone?"

"To prove to you that you can do it."

"I can't."

"You can!" they cheered in unison. I shook my head endlessly. No way. I was an amateur. No. No. No.

We spent our fifteen-minute break with my best friends trying to push me to do the next number alone. In the end, Rico has truly bailed on me so I stood on the stage as the only one with a mic. He took his guitar and started strumming a few notes to get the patrons' attention. Kyla was being my cheerleader at the side.

My chest pounded as I found all eyes on me. They were all probably wondering who I was and where was SOM. I cleared my throat as Rico introduced me as his guest singer. He played the intro for our version of the song.

How fitting. I was asking for someone to love me in the song and I couldn't even utter those three words in reality. All day, I've been asking myself why I didn't say it back, why Michael loves me, why I felt that way when he told me.

You know what they say the more you think about certain things or people, the more you attract them. Okay, maybe I was the only one saying that but it was happening right now.

I kept thinking about Michael and now I'm looking straight at his lovely browns. At first, I thought I was hallucinating because in my mind I was singing for him. I might be imagining his presence since all I can think about while on the stage was him.

Then he walked, sat by the bar and stared at me intently. Holy shooting stars! He was really here. My mind was clouded with a lot questions. I was pretty sure I looked confused right now but I kept continued to sing.

We did'nt break contact until I reached the chorus. Seeing him right now made me realize how much I miss him. How much I want him. How much I love him. Oh my god. I love him. I do.

"Love me like you, la la love me like you do."

I shut my eyes tight. Was it possible to be in love with someone that fast? We've known each other for what? Two months and yet here I was realizing how much I love him. I love Michael. I'm in love with him.

"What are you waiting for..."

When I opened my eyes, he was gone.

Please don't hate me. It's a short chapter, I know. I just felt like the next scenes should be on a separate chapter. What do you think happened? Was it an illusion? Or was it real? Where is Michael?

Let the guessing begin. I shall wait for your comments! :)