Let's Do This - Part 5 (9&10)

Ms Howell POV

I smiled at my boy when he walked into the staffroom, well knowing that he wasn't allowed to come here but he'd been her so much throughout his childhood so he usually just did it without thinking. Of cause I had to play the though mommy, so I sighed loudly at him making sure he was able to hear it.

"And what brings you here today, Daniel?" I questioned him in a teasing yet hard voice.

"Phil wanted to know if he's able to sit up, Chris and PJ are coming over" he answered me and gave me a tired smile, I was worried for him, he'd been so beside of himself ever since they found Phil and he'd actually gotten worse since Phil woke up.

I was also worried about Phil, he acted like he was fine, smiling and being a nice person all the time, but I knew otherwise. He kept on waking up at night, screaming and begging for something to stop, we had to drug him to make him fall asleep, and at the same time, we couldn't get in touch with his family, he wasn't in the system and he didn't match any profiles for missing persons, lastly there was his broken bones, both of his legs had fractures, his left arm and also a few rips to top that, he also had a fairly big inner wound in his stomach, it was a miracle that he'd survived.

"We can try, but I can't promise you, when's PJ and Chris coming?" I asked Dan with a faint smile.

"Okay, it's better than nothing, they'll be here in 20 minutes or something" he answered and looked down, again a wave of worry flew over me, he seemed so confused and out of character, I'd have to talk with him about it if he didn't get over it soon.

"Let's go then?" I asked with an encouraging smile, Dan nodded and left the room. I sighed again, I really had to find a way to help my boy.

It took about 15 minutes before we managed to get Phil into a sitting position, but he was happy about it and thanked me with a laugh, which I returned with a smile, he was a good boy, and I felt really bad for him. I'd also kept an eye on Dan for the past 15 minutes and it seemed like he was acting even weirder around Phil, different and out of character, but happy.

PJ POV

Chris stopped up right in front of me, causing me to almost bash into him, he looked between the hospital we were standing outside of and me with a kinda shy and nervous smile.

I'd always found Chris cute, but I'd never told him since... It would just be weird to tell him seeing that we were best friends.

"What's wrong Chris?" I asked him with a smile, knowing Chris he'd probably get nervous about Phil's reaction on him.

"What if he doesn't like me?" Chris asked and gazed back at me, "what if he thinks I'm an idiot? The only thing I did when we found him was screaming and crying like a total loser!" Yep, there we go again. I sighed at him, for the past 15 minutes, he'd been changing between looking forward to see Phil with a lot of confidence and being nervous and unsure about it.

"He'll love you Chris! Everybody loves you, get it?" I love you... I said, telling him that I loved him in my mind, I could never say that out loud, that would be wrong, right? "c'mon, let's go meet him."

Chris smiled and nodded, usually he was totally confident and joked about almost everything, but some things just made him really nervous, and I fully knew that.

Chris grabbed my arm, without feeling like I did of cause, and we walked together to the room Dan had texted me that Phil was staying in, I was kinda nervous myself, I'll admit that.

Chris POV

Okay, standing outside of the room didn't make me feel any less nervous at all, it actually just made it five times worse. I looked over at PJ who also seemed slightly nervous, but at always beautiful and cute. Putting on a confident smile, hiding my nervousness I smiled at PJ.

"Ready?" I asked, receiving a nod from PJ who grabbed the doorknob and opened the door rather quickly.

Phil smiled at us when we walked in, he looked a lot better now, able to sit up and anything. He kept on shifting his gaze between nervous gazes to Dan and more hesitant while looking at PJ and me.

I smiled slightly as PJ closed the door after us and we both walked further into the room, okay, I knew that I first said that Phil looked better, and he do, but at the same time he looked terrible as he sat up in his bed with both legs and his left arm in plaster and then he just looked really tired, yet his face was lid up by a huge smile which made his icy blue eyes glow in a way that would cut trough girls hearts.

"Hey" Dan smiled and turned around in the chair to smile at us.

"Hellow there" I responded and gazed quickly at PJ who suddenly became the nervous one, and stumbled a vague 'hei', I smiled at him, he was so cute, I couldn't help but love his pale green eyes and the curly hair.

"Is it them?" Phil asked looking at Dan with a worried face, Dan smiled back and nodded, he then pointed at me "this is Chris," he pointed at PJ "and Peej."

Phil smiled and looked at the two, there was an awkward silence in the room, until Dan's mom burst trough the door.

"Oh, did I interrupt anything?" she looked at the us.

"Nope" I answered and pulled PJ with me to Phil's bedside.

"Okay" she smiled at us "I'll just check the drip, and then leave you again" she hurried over to Phil where she made sure that everything was alright before she left again.

"Awkward" Phil mumbled which made the other of us burst into a laughter, he was right about that. I was certain that we'd get along just fine, Phil seemed like a really cool guy.

Dan POV

It didn't take long before both Chris and PJ loosened up and got along with Phil, joking and getting to know each other. I became a victim of my own mind meanwhile, again stuck between more than one feeling and thought, I mean, in some ways, I was really happy that Phil was getting to know them and that he got more friends than just me, but at the same time I was kinda jealous, I felt bad about it, but I couldn't help it. I wanted to be the one, asking Phil questions and getting to know him, but I'd already passed that point and was now friends with him, still it was just confusing me, why did I feel and think this way?

Hours passed by rather quickly and it was late when we said goodbye to Phil and left the hospital to get home. I walked in silence, with my eyes fasten at the ground beneath me while I desperately tried to figure myself out. I just wanted to sleep, but honestly, I was scared of the nightmares that kept on haunting me, I was terrified of them, as they kept on showing me Phil's nearly dead body whereafter they proceeded to Phil dying at the hospital, and I was just confused about my thoughts and feelings regarding Phil. I let out a quiet sigh but apparently, PJ heard it.

He stopped up and gazed back at me with his pale green eyes showing worry for me.

"Are you okay mate?" he asked me.

"Year, you look really tired, you alright?" Chris asked to emphasize what PJ had just asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just tired and such." I responded, looking at them, PJ and Chris shared a thought filled look, before they nod.

"Okay, lets hurry and get home then" Chris said before PJ got the chance to ask me another question, after that, we parted without another word, and when I closed the door behind myself, I leant back against it and let myself fall to the ground where I hid my face in my palms, rubbing my temples while letting out a heavy sigh.

At some point, I realised that if I stayed here, my mom wouldn't be able to get in when she got home, so I forced myself to get up from the floor and walk slowly to my room where I just let myself drop down on my bed, closing my eyes without bothering to change clothes.

Damn, why was I so fucking confused all the time?!