It looks like the life has been practically sucked out of him. Hah, what's what you get. He runs his hand roughly through his coarse hair.

"I'm going to shower." Jack mumbles, pushing past me and into the bathroom.

He probably did that quickly so I wouldn't examine him further. Jack's trying to be slick about this, but I know what went on. I search for some clothing and I don't feel like wearing anything too dressy.

I pick out a white v-neck and regular black leggings. The most simplest outfit ever created. I towel dry my hair, knowing it's not good for it because of all of the friction being made.

I don't care though. Right now, I feel as if I care about nothing besides Jack. I really want to know what the hell has gotten into him. Hopefully yesterday was his first time doing it in a few years and hopefully, he hasn't been doing this behind my back for the past week.

I let my hair fall down to my shoulders and wait for Jack to exit the bathroom, so that I can get my hairbrush. I grab my phone from the nightstand and I don't have any text messages, hm.

I know that Dominic wouldn't have texted me because he was with them last night. Both him and Jack need to explain what was going on, because I swear Jack hates him.

I pick the varsity jacket that Jack got customized for us and put on mine. Hey, this actually goes with my outfit. I continue to scroll through my phone, waiting for Jack's long ass to finish showering.

I want to call Jack out for smoking, but he's gonna hit me with a 'will you relax, you're annoying me' or something similar to that. The thought just keeps popping up in my mind and I don't know how to get rid of it.

I bite the inside of my cheek and the water sound from the bathroom suddenly ceases. Finally, he's done! The door opens and he stalks out of the bathroom with just a towel around his waist. Nothing new.

I make my way into the bathroom and find the brush, brushing my hair thoroughly. I make sure my hair is tangle free and return back into the bedroom. I hear Jack let out a cough, making me turn to face him.

"What are we gonna do today?" He asks once we make eye contact; it was only for a split second.

What catches me off guard the most is the tone he said it in. It's not his usual chirpy tone, but a bland and bored one. Maybe he's sick of me already?

I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know. You choose." I respond.

Jack gives me an eye roll and my eyebrows pull together. Geez, he's snappy. You would think that he'd be in a good mood because he got to her high last night. He's most likely prissy because I woke him too early.

"Then why'd you wake up if we aren't doing anything?"

"Because maybe I didn't want to continue to sleep?" I reply, saying it as more of a question than answer.

I sit on his large bed and wait for him to walk out of his closet. He's just changed into Adidas sweatpants and a very long white t-shirt. I guess he didn't want to be too dressy either today.

He guides his bottom lip in between his teeth and sits on the other side of his bed, grabbing his phone from his charger. Same old, same old. He still sleeps closest to the door.

The least he could've done was greet me with a smile or something, but nothing. No smile, hug, kiss or any affection of that matter. I purse my lips, gazing at him intently.

I'm not even hungry, so I don't bother to go downstairs. I lay back on the bed, the giant jacket huddling around me and just stare at the ceiling. It's so quiet, it's almost odd. One of us needs to spark up a conversation.

A few more moments pass by of Jack just typing on his phone and none of us speaking a single and simple word. I let out a sigh. Today is going to be the most boring day of my entire life.

Jack would usually come up with something on the spot, but it seems as if finding plans for us is the last thing on his mind. I make a mental list of things we could do today.

- shop
- skydive
- swim
- go on a walk
- visit Sam's
- or I could just go home

Nothing seems interesting right now. Not even redeeming myself to my friends is something I want to do today. I should probably talk to them sometime, though. Just so they don't forget about me.

I can't stand this silence anymore. Fuck waiting for Jack to tell me when he's ready. I need to see his reaction when I ask him this. I just hope he doesn't lie to me.

"Were you smoking last night?" I ask him, my words a little harsher than intended.

He goes pale.

{vote, comment, share}