Chapter 8. The Rabbit

Start from the beginning

"What are you laughing at back there?" Aurora shook her head before jumping up on one of the bigger rocks in front of her. Trying her best to jump from one to the other.

"You really are going to murder me, hey?" She sent him a small smile, raising her eyebrows at him, "Taking me out into the middle of nowhere" Scott shook his head laughing her off, he walked over to where Aurora stood on top of the rock. He looked up to her, raising his hand to help her down.

Aurora took a hold of his hand, jumping down from her spot. The moment her feet hit the ground she found herself face to face with Scott as she fell into him slightly. Everything inside of Aurora froze as she felt their chests touching, faces inches apart. Her skin tingled with excitement and her heart pounded against her chest so hard that she was sure he could hear it. Scott's hands wrap around her waist, stopping her from falling forward anymore then she already was.

Scott looked at her with such intensity that it physically made her melt. She swallowed her nerves as the two of them locked eyes for what felt like forever. She took him in for a moment, with all the things that had happened in the last week she hadn't really noticed how beautiful Scott was. He had a smile that made girls weak at the knees. One smile from him and you'd throw away your life for a single drop of love. He had a cheeky smile that Aurora knew always led to danger, the danger of a cheeky smile and a charismatic personality were a toxic mix. Aurora bit her lower lip before quickly reminding herself that Scott was yet to be trusted and that moments before this encounter, he was an asshole. Aurora pushed herself away from Scott before shoving her hands into her back pockets, "Where's this secret place you were wanting to show me?"

Scott cleared his throat, "Right" Scott turned from Aurora, shaking off his nerves. He wasn't exactly sure what it was about her that made him nervous. They had done nothing but bump heads since they had met, yet every now and then there was this moment between them. He couldn't quiet put his finger on what it was exactly. There was no denying that he thought she was the single most beautiful thing he had ever laid his eyes on, but she brought out a passion in him that so far had only caused the two of them to argue and yet he still wanted more, "this way" Aurora watched as Scott stood on the edge of the cliff before jumping down. Aurora's eyes widened before jogging over to the edge, expecting Scott to be a squashed vegetable but instead she saw him standing on a ledge below, "Come on then" Scott yelled back up at her.

Aurora shook her head, "You're crazy" she mumbled to herself before jumping down to join him. She landed on the ledge below with a huff. Aurora watched as Scott raised his eyebrows at her before pointing in the direction of another ledge below the one, they were already on.

"Keep up" Scott chuckled, Aurora rolled her eyes in response before following after him. They both ended up on the ledge below before Scott turned to her, the biggest smile on his face, "We have to crawl through this hole" Aurora looked at him, her eyebrows raised, and her nose scrunched up as she looked down to where Scott was pointing.

Aurora shook her head laughing, "Ladies first"

Scott sent her a playful look before getting down on his hands and knees and crawling through the small cave like tunnel. Aurora took in another breath thinking to herself that she was crazy for following a random into the woods and now she was crawling into a confined space. And yet she still got down on her hands and knees and crawled into the small tunnel. Aurora tried her best to squint to see what exactly what was at the end but there was sun light coming from the exit that left her blinded.

"Hurry up" Aurora heard Scott laugh as she finally got to the end of the tunnel. It took a moment for her eyesight to adjust as she stood from her position on the floor. They were on the other side of the mountain that overlooked the entire town. Aurora took a couple steps forward in awe as she took in the sight in front of her.