The First Night

Začať od začiatku

After grabbing the big book of baby names from the nursery, Lauren made her way back downstairs and back to the family room where she'd left her wife and newborn daughter.

Daughter... She had a daughter! She was a mother...those words were quite amazing to Lauren, but she loved them just the same. She was a little nervous, well very nervous to be exact about becoming a mother. Aside form the fear that she'd irrevocably screw up a kid's life, there was a deep-rooted fear that she wouldn't love her child enough. Of course she would love her baby, but she loved Camila with her whole heart and she was unsure how to love anyone as much as she did her wife. But the second she held their daughter in her arms, those fears subsided because she was automatically the new love in Lauren's life. It was like her heart doubled in size because now there were two loves of her life. Although she loved them both quite differently, Camila and their baby still took over her heart.

Lauren took her place next to her wife and set the book in her lap before leaning over and placing a kiss on her daughter's head. She then proceeded to give one to her wife as well. "You're amazing."

Camila grinned back, "You know you aren't getting anywhere near my body for the next six weeks."

"Yes I know," Lauren rolled her eyes; she had heard that from way too many people. "I just mean that...you're amazing. This," she pointed to their nursing daughter, "blows my mind. We've created the most beautiful baby and here she is surviving simply because of your nourishment."

"Whoa, since when did you get all philosophical on me Lauren Jauregui?"

"Camz, we have a baby."

"Trust me honey I know we have a baby, twenty two hours of labor, remember?"

"We're in our own house, alone with our own baby. And we can't give her back."

Camila sighed, "Lo, I know that you're a little disappointed that she's not a boy..."

"No not at all." Lauren quickly interrupted, needing to get her message across. Taking a deep breath, she continued. "It's just... a few days ago there were only two of us here and now there's three of us. I just feel whole you know. It's like there was something missing but I didn't even know it."

"Yeah I know exactly what you mean," Camila smiled as she caressed her daughter's silky smooth brown hair, the love she felt for her was out of this world.

Lauren gently cupped Camila's face and kissed her once again. The loving family moment that they shared just called for a kiss. "I love you."

"And I love you," Camila beamed back at her.

"You too our little nameless child." Lauren joked, dropping a kiss onto the newborns head.

Camila laughed heartily, "Ok, you need to open that book pronto."

Lauren opened the baby name book and pulled out a small list of baby names from the front. "Look, it's our names list before we found out we were having a boy who is now a girl."

"What do we have for girls names?" Camila asked as she peered at the list in Lauren's hand, her nose crinkling at it, "Hailee, eww!"

"If I recall, you picked that one Camz."

"I know, I know but I'm not really liking these names anymore." Camila murmured, examining the names. "Alexis...No. Chloe...I so don't think so."

"I like Samantha, that's nice isn't it?" Lauren suggested, taking her eyes off the list to look at her wife.

"It's alright but it's not my favorite."

"Zoë?"

"She's not a Zoë," Camila sighed as she looked at her feeding child; nope definitely not a Zoë. "You might as well rip that list up because I think that we need to start from scratch."