~1~

"Ouch!" I shout.

The moving box I am in jerks to a stop and launches me forward. The small opening of white at the top starts to get bigger.

"Shucks, it's a girl" I hear.

A boy jumps down into the box startling me.

"My name is Newt. Welcome to the glade" A cute guy, who is apparently named Newt, says.

Someone from above throws down a rope and I climb up, even though my eyes are still adjusting to the light. Once I stand on solid ground I stumble and a boy clutches my shoulders to stable me.

"Are you okay?" he asks. I recognize that voice and immediately look up.

 "ALBY!" I scream.

I hugged him and said "I can't believe its really you".

"How does she know your name?" Someone asks.

"I have no idea" Alby says.

"Do you really not remember me?" I ask.

"Wait" He says proceeding to slightly push me back, in order to get a clear look. He looks into my eyes "Abby?"

I nod excitedly and pull him back into a tight hug. I could see everyone looking bewildered. Newt comes and pushes us apart, "First of all, how do you know each other? Second of all, how can you remember?".

"She's my sister" Alby says, we hear a few sighs of relief.

"They probably let us remember since we are siblings" I say to Newt, thinking out loud.

"Can you remember anything else?" He asks.

"Only that and my name" I reply, finally realizing how strange this situation is.

"I'm sure you're tired so I'll show you where you can sleep" Alby says.

He leads me to a structure that resembles a jail cell.

"Is this a jail?" I ask.

"Yes, but I'm only putting you in here so you have someplace safe to sleep." He says.

"Why is this the only safe place?"

"I don't know how the other gladers will react, but we will have a meeting tomorrow to lay out the ground rules." 

I look around and there is only a cot, a blanket, a pillow, and a small chair.

I sit on the edge of the cot and Alby starts to leave.

"Wait, will you stay until I fall asleep?" I say, trying not to look too scared.

"Yea, of course" He replies, going to sit in the chair.

"Thanks Alby, goodnight." 

"Goodnight" He says softly.

"This is going to be a long night" I hear Alby mumble as I drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~Author's Note~~~~~~~~

I am sorry this is my first time writing a fanfic and it is probably terrible. But I hope you like it! Well anyways that is my first chapter. So thanks for reading!

                                                                                  -Swim on my little Penguins

                                                                                                -RandomGirl394