Another Day in the Life of Prince Charming

~~Lucy's P.O.V~~

I sighed as I looked to the ground. I felt bad for lying to Natsu, but if I told him the truth awful things could happen. But I knew that today was most likely the last time I would see him, therefor I owed it to him to be honest. Besides he's been more than honest to me. "Natsu..." I said, interrupting him. "Can I tell you something, it's kinda important." The beautiful boy slowly nodded his head, keeping quiet so I could speak. I took a deep breath and started. "Well, you see, I haven't been completely honest with you. I am indeed a Heartfilia, but my stepmother, Michelle, makes me work as a servant. She has ever since my Father died. He sorta, kinda committed suicide because he couldn't live without my Mother, but left Michelle, Flare, and Angel to take care of me. I don't think he knew that they were going to be so awful....anyway, the only reason I've been able to come into to town so often, was because of the market. Meaning today will be my last day to really see you again...besides the Ball. Please don't tell anyone, I believe that Michelle can still be good, if she only tries. That, and, I don't want the Heartfilia name to disappear, not yet." Natsu looked at me, and to my relief there wasn't a look of disgust on his face. Instead he looked angry, and a little upset. I added one more thing, before Natsu could say anything. "I'm sorry I didn't say anything sooner. It's not because I didn't trust you it's because I thought you might hate me...." I couldn't look at Natsu anymore, but the words that came out of his mouth took me by surprise. "Lucy....thank you for being honest. I promise that I won't tell anyone, I won't even go over there and beat the crap out of your step-family, but here's my address. Just send a letter and come here if you ever need me for anything. That is, if things don't go really well for you at the Ball.....yet something tells me, you'll definitely catch the Prince's eyes." I looked up at him and smiled, slowly standing. Natsu followed my lead. "Thank you Natsu...." I gave him a hug and never let my smile fade. "I guess it's time for me to take my leave, but I'll definitely take you up on your offer, if I ever need it." As I waved and walked away, I mumbled. "I don't need to catch the Prince's eyes, I only want to catch your's, Natsu." As I was on my walk home, a part of me wished that he didn't hear me, but a part of me hoped that he did.

~~~Natsu's P.O.V~~~

I hugged Lucy back as she said her goodbye. It felt like a little piece of my heart was leaving, as it always did when Lucy left me. As she was walking away, I faintly heard her say something. I have really good ears, but I almost missed it. "I don't need to catch the Prince's eyes, I only want to catch your's, Natsu." With that one comment my heart soared. "Don't worry, Lucy, you already have." I knew I didn't say it loud enough for her to hear, but that was okay by me. Since I'm going to confront her at the Ball, that's when I'll tell her.

Once Lucy was out of sight I headed back to the castle, to tell Father of the news. That and to have Gajeel and Gray help me keep an eye out for Lucy, at the Ball. I couldn't help but feel as if I was walking on sunshine. I felt so happy and giddy from spending so much time with Lucy. I knew that I was making the right choice by choosing her to be my princess. And that's all I could think about as I went to sleep that night.

~~~~~The Next Day~~~~~~(Still Natsu's P.O.V)

It was the afternoon, and everyone is scrambling about. Trying to make the castle look perfect for the Ball. I'm currently getting a dance lesson from Aquarius. Normally she sticks to pool duty, but she is rather good a ball-room-dancing, so Father demanded that she helped me. The only thing is that Aquarius is super scary, meaning everytime I mess up I almost wet myself.

I've been dancing for a hours, and, if I do say so myself, I was amazing at it. Aquarius hasn't yelled at me in the past 5 minutes, which is a good sign. Once I finished the dance, Aquarius nodded. "You actually did halfway decent on that one, but that's as good as you're going to get." Aquarius scoffed. I felt rather angered by her comment, but let it slide knowing that I wasn't going to win. "Thanks, does this mean I can go?" Aquarius made an angry snorting noise. "Whatever, I have better things to do anyway." With that last comment I got out of there as fast as I could, I still had to talk to Gray and Gajeel. I was quickly walking down the halls, trying to find my two best friends, when I saw Father. I reduced my speed and fixed my appearance a little. As I approached him, he smiled. "Ah, Natsu. I'm guessing you finished you lesson with Aquarius." I nodded my head. "Are you nervous about tonight? You will be choosing a wife." I smiled a little. "I should be, but I'm not. I already know who I'm going to chose. Lucy said that she's going to be here tonight." Father smiled at me, his face seeming to glow. "I'm glad to see you so happy about this. When my father hosted the same exact ball, I wasn't very pleased about it, but I met your mother there. I only needed one dance with her, to know that she was the one for me. I don't regret attending that ball, not even for a second. It's always been my goal to have you feel the same about it, so I'm rather enthused to hear that you already know who you want to marry." My smile only grew with every word Father said. "Thank you, Father. Your wisdom really means a lot to me. I was hoping to find Gray and Gajeel, that way I could have some extra eyes to look out for Lucy. Have you seen them, lately?" Father seemed to think for a moment. "I believe they are in the Ballroom, if not there try the kitchen." I gave Father a quick hug. "Thanks, I'll see you later." With that I ran off to the Ball Room.  

(A/N: Whoop! As I post more and more this, I feel happier and happier. At first I was a little sad, because posting this meant that I would be 'done' with it. But as I upload chapter after chapter I become very proud of what I've done. This will be my third completed story, and that makes me feel good. I can only hope that all of you are enjoying this as much as I am.

Thanks for reading this far, and I really hope that you continue.

~Kitty Out)