Just the Begining

I awoke in my dusty and sorrowful room once again. Everytime I look around the room, it only reminds me of what I once had. A grand room, silk bedding, soft pillows, walk in closet with tons of dresses, and a source of heat. But now all of that is gone. All thanks to my evil Step-mother, Michelle, and Step-sisters, Angel and Flare. They are all so beautiful, while I'm just....so....blah. They make sure I remember how much of a disgrace I am by keeping me in the attic and having me to maids' work. Which is a great thing for everyone. I get to feel useful and Stepmother doesn't have to feel like I'm being a burden, at all. It's not such a bad deal, I mean both of my parents are now gone, but at least she is still letting me live with her. My real mother is Layla Heartfilia, she was so kind and beautiful. Her smile was always a gift to the whole world. My father, Jude Heartfilia, on the other hand...not such a beauty and grace. He was, a beauty and grace that is, when Mother was at his side. I remember those days so well, life with Mother and Father was perfect, but then Mother fell ill and died. Everyone was heartbroken, including our whole staff, but nobody took it harder than Father. He became a little wicked, and deiced that I needed a motherly-figure in my life. That's why he married Michelle. This very light brown haired woman with breath-taking blue eyes, was to be my new mother. Her two wicked daughters, my new sisters. Letting us become a house full of women, as Father was always very busy with work. He left us a lot of money, almost as if he planned his death...because he did. He left a note to me saying 'that he was unable to live without my mother, but Michelle and her two daughters would be able to take care of me better than he would ever be able to.' He wasn't a 100% right, as I feel depressed almost everyday. Except for Mondays. Everyone hates Mondays, but not me because Mondays are the one day that I'm allowed to go town. That's where all of my friends are, but this week there is a market, meaning I will get to go into town everyday. IF I get all of my chores done before 6 PM. Currently it's 5 AM, giving me plenty of time to cook up breakfast, make tea, and clean the house, all before 6 PM.

I smiled to myself as I got out of bed, walking over to my small window. I smiled as the sun was slowly raising, and the birds were singing and dancing about. I let out a small giggle. It's these early morning times that I really live for. When the world is almost silent, except for the noises of nature. Allowing the beautiful colors of the raising sun to light up make a beautiful silhouette of everything. I sighed as a small blue-jay landed on my outstretched hand. It seemed as if the little bird smiled at me. "If only I had wings like you, then I could fly where ever I wanted." I said outloud as the bird flew off, looking back at me. "One day, I'll leave here. I know it...I just have to build up the guts to finally run away." I left my window to get dressed for the day. I didn't really have much of choice to make as I only have one other grown, besides my nightgown. My day-gown is brown. Just a dull-brown color, that's tattered. As I wear it everyday. It has a little white apron to go with it, and black flats that are hardly better than running around bare-foot. I put my shoulder-length, blonde hair into a bun. I smiled to myself, thinking about how much I look like my mother with my honey-brown eyes and vibrate blonde hair.

I descended the stairs ready to tackled the day, with a spring in my step. I waved at a light pink haired maid. Aries. She's got a very cute personality, as she's always apologizing. "O-oh, Miss Lucy! G-g-good morning." She said with a quick bow. I only giggled. "Aries please. You don't need to bow, I'm a maid just like you." The brown eyed, pale skinned maid smiled sweetly at me. "Miss Lucy, you'll always be the head of the house to me." With that said, Aries walked off to do other morning chores. I, on the other hand, was completely shocked. I had no idea that the other servants thought of me that way.  

  After an hour of cleaning everything, I decided to get started on breakfast. Once I arrived in the kitchen Virgo was already there. She is one of the best maids around, but she only does the cooking since Step-mother wants me to do all the cleaning! Virgo, along with being good at cooking, is very pretty. She has a darker shade of pink hair and big, blue eyes. She is the only one who wears a proper maid's uniform....she says that it makes her feel more like a maid and less like a servant. "Good morning, princess." Virgo greeted me with a bow. "Virgo, please. Don't bow to me, there is no need. We are equals, so drop the princess too." Virgo only looked at me with a blank stare. "To all of the maids and butlers here you will always be our princess." I was still shocked by that reply. Aries had said something similar, and really there isn't that much staff. The only other person we have is Cancer, and he's the family coach-man. I smiled and started to help Virgo prepare breakfast. "Thank you, Virgo. While it means a lot to me, I've never really wanted you guys to view me as your 'master'. I just want everyone of us to be friends." Virgo smiled at me as I peeled potatoes. "Princess, you've always been our friend and forever will be." I felt some tears form at the corner of my brown eyes. I stopped what I was doing and hugged the pink haired girl. "Thank you so much! Tell the others that I said 'thanks' to them too!" She laughed. Virgo and I have always been very close as she was about my age when Father assigned her to be my hand maid. In fact Virgo calling me 'Princess' is kinda of a joke. She felt the need to call me something different than 'Miss', so I, jokingly, told her to call her princess. Of course she took it seriously and now won't stop calling me princess. "Princess, we better get back to work before the whitches wake up and yell at you." I let go of Virgo and smiled at her. We then finished our work in silence, as Virgo isn't super talkative.   

(A/N: I know that this is kinda short, but don't worry. I'm posting this as already finished. As I suck at keeping on track with updates. Therefor, I've made this easier on everyone by posting it as it is. I'm thinking about going and adding an epilogue, but I don't know quite yet. Anyway, here's the first chapter, I hope you guys will enjoy this! XD 

P.S. I looooove feedback! ;) 

~Kitty Out)