in which they visit mimi

Start from the beginning

     Ringo's eyes grew wide. "My god, he's a hellion now. I can't imagine what he must have been like as a teenager."

     "You don't want to know," George and Paul said in unison and laughed.

     "That poor woman," Ringo shook his head slowly.

     "Point of the matter is, Mimi is a sweetheart," Paul smiled. "As long as you always stay on her good side, that is. She's strict as hell, and when she gets angry, well, you really start to see where John's hellish ways come from."

     "Easier said than done, Paulie," George sighed.

     "What are you on about?" Ringo asked George.

     Paul rolled his eyes. "Mimi didn't really take to George at first, but she's warmed up to him over the years."

     "Yeah, warmed up," George said sarcastically. "That's not exactly what I would call it. I would say that she has...defrosted slightly."

      Paul rolled his eyes again as John walked back into the room, "She's free. On October ninth, Ringo, you are going to meet Mimi Smith."

     "I...have no clue how to feel about that, honestly." Ringo laughed nervously.

~~~

     Without having to go to concerts and interviews and rehearsals and the recording studio, the next couple of weeks passed by very quickly for the Beatles. And before they knew it, it was October ninth and they were on the doorstep of Mimi Smith.

     "Hello, boys," Mimi answered the door. "Come in, please."

     "Hello, Mimi," John greeted.

     "Happy birthday, John." Mimi smiled, closing the front door behind the door boys that had just walked into her home. "It's good to see you finally, it's been such a long time."

     "Are you trying to guilt trip me?" John laughed.

     "Absolutely," Mimi smirked. "It's wonderful to see you again, Paul, as always. Are you well? John told me you had a bit of a health scare a while back, and I was sad to hear it. But you look like you're in good health now."

     "Yes, ma'am," Paul nodded. "Thank you for your concern, but I really am feeling great now."

     "And you must be Ringo. It's lovely to meet you." Mimi extended a hand to shake and Ringo took it. "John tells me that you met the boys in Germany?" L

     "Yes," Ringo nodded.

     "And how did you like Germany?" Mimi asked.

     "Oh, it's a beautiful country," Ringo beamed. "Wonderful art, amazing architecture, outstanding musicians, and the most amazing history! But nothing beats England. You've got a lovely home, by the way!"

     John smirked at him and Paul nodded approvingly with a wink. George just glared at him.

     "Oh, why, thank you." Mimi gushed, oblivious to the way John, Paul, and George were staring at Ringo. "Come on into the kitchen. Dinner is almost done. And, Paul, I've made sure yours is vegetarian."

     "Thank you, Mimi, I really appreciate it." Paul smiled and George rolled his eyes at Paul once Mimi had turned her back.

     "Erm, hello, Mrs. Smith," George said, speaking for the first time since the four of them arrived.

     Mimi glanced over her shoulder as if to see who had spoken to her, and for a second when she saw George she looked like she hadn't even known he was there until that moment. "Oh, hello, George."