Chapter 3: Lips are sealed, kind of

Start from the beginning

"I don't suppose advising you against going there for the hundredth time will make a difference?" Anthony's lip curled, and Ethan lowered his gaze to the floor.

"Not likely," he then said with a dejected voice, and Anthony clicked his tongue in either annoyance or disappointment.

"Well you can't keep depending on us whenever this happens." Anthony gestured in Tom and Richard's direction. "I'm assuming you'll need Tom?"

Ethan still averted his gaze, suddenly very concerned about the blood stains on his sleeves.

"... Yes."

"What's worse, he's gone and fucked up by poofing himself right into Eliza's arms." Richard looked half amused and half concerned while leaning against the wall. "She doesn't know things like him exist."

"Things?" Ethan took a step closer and flipped his long, tangled hair over his shoulder. "That's rich coming from—"

"All right, I think we need to back up," Tom interrupted, having no intention of revealing more non-human creatures in the group. "May—Maybe we could... I don't know, step aside for a bit and... Discuss things?"

"Just the four of you, I assume?" Lucius narrowed his eyes at Anthony, Tom, Richard and Ethan. They would not get away that easily. "You know, if you're planning on lying forever you really should do a better job at it."

"What do they know, anyway?" Ethan addressed the three residents of the house. "Let's start there."

"Nothing, apparently." Eliza threw her arms out, almost hitting Lucius with her umbrella. "I'm kind of losing my mind right now."

"Ah, alright, well..." Ethan smiled at his brother before walking over to Eliza. "Let's start over then."

"Ethan," Anthony warned, but Ethan only grinned in his direction.

"Ethan Hargreaves," he then reintroduced himself to Eliza, offering to take her hand but she promptly declined the invitation. "I'm Anthony's younger brother."

He then turned his head only slightly in Anthony's direction with a smug look.

"His very undead younger brother."

"Undead?" Lucius gawked, first at Ethan and then at Anthony, who looked unusually dismayed.

"Ethan!"

"Well, what do you suggest I tell them?" Ethan held up a hand in Lucius and Eliza's direction, looking back at his brother as if he was acting ridiculous. "There really is no logical, natural explanation, is there? So why not be honest?"

"See, this one gets it, and we don't even know each other." Lucius gestured with both hands at the blood smeared man. "Please, continue."

Let's see," Ethan continued in thought while trying to remove blood from under his nails. "I don't remember much about the death part, given that I was pretty out of it at the time, but what happened after is when it gets interesting."

"I'd appreciate it if you could listen for once." Anthony's tone was sharp, and Ethan exaggerated a sigh.

"This is just me we're talking about, right? You can sneak around all you want but I'm free to talk about my life, and lack thereof."

"Your life still—" Anthony cut his sentence off with a glance in Lucius and Eliza's direction, and Ethan looked tired.

"Oh for the love of kitten paws, they deserve to know something. I can't just leave them like this." He then brightened up and gestured over his body. "Besides, I'll need to eat something soon so these little wounds can heal. So why don't I show them?"