Part 3

Part 3: -

Elianna’s POV

May First.

Here goes, the first day of the inevitable. The start of the month where I have to be nice to Greg, the month where we have to try to be friends. This is gonna be awkward. It’s gonna be hard too, I’m so used to be sarcastic and witty towards him. I know my initial reaction to things is gonna be sarcastic. Sometimes it’s hard to break a habit you’ve had for months.

   I was thankful for Greg saving me last night, if he didn’t, who knows what would’ve happened? I could’ve been raped and murdered but what I don’t get is why Katie never told me what she worked as. I wouldn’t have been as bad as I was last night if it came from her mouth. Sometimes I wonder if I really know my best friend at all or not. I also don’t even know why I call her a best friend; she doesn’t even act like one. Because I left California at aged 4, there wasn’t any friends to make. None to keep with me for life. I can’t really remember what California is like either. It’s just a vague memory that I can’t really remember.

   I was leaving the house to go to college, unfortunately. I would’ve loved to have stayed in bed all day. After last night, I was sorta scared to sleep. I know you’re probably thinking, why you scared to sleep? I was scared in case the guy followed Greg and I home and raped me. It’s just after he grabbed me, I was scared.

“You alright with walking to college?” Greg’s voice said from somewhere.

“Um, maybe. Why?” I asked back. Being civil came naturally somehow.

“Well, after last night, I thought you’d be scared” Greg said while coming to beside me. I was out the door now so obviously he was beside me.

“I am scared but its broad daylight so he wouldn’t touch me again,” I said back while shrugging.

“Elianna, I’ll walk with you if you want. Look, today’s the first day where we have to be civil to each other and we might as well start off on a good place since we’ve got the carnival later tonight”

“Might be best but Greg, I will be fine”

“Elianna, no one really trusts the people of London no matter the day or time. I don’t want you killed or raped. Look, I’ll come with you and I’ll get a taxi back so you aren’t worrying about me”

“Ok but Greg, no funny business. I’m tired and cranky and I will snap at any given point”

“I take it you couldn’t sleep after last night?”

“Not particularly. I was scared but sleep just didn’t come easy last night but I had to pretend for Katie’s sake”

“Eli, you don’t need to pretend you were scared. Look, it could’ve happened to anyone so you don’t need to pretend. I know how you felt; I do because I was scared too. I was scared in case he swung for me, which is why I followed you in running”

“You were scared?”

“Yeah, I don’t usually admit to that but since we’re trying to be civil, I thought I better”

“Thank you. Although being civil for us seems normal and easy somehow. But I wouldn’t count your blessings yet, I could be snappy tonight”

“Oh please don’t. Try to stay in a happy mood. For me, please?”  Greg begged.

“I’ll try but no promises. Come on before I’m late” I said while walking off.

   Walking to college with Greg felt nice, being civil felt nice too. I don’t know why we were able to pull it off so easily but we did. The conversation was flowing easily and we were generally happy. Maybe this month will be awesome. Who knows?