Daniel - Room 2

Daniel woke up in a room on fire, clueless as to where he was and how he got there. He appeared to be in a wooden house, the walls and floor were bare boards, and wooden rafters crossed the ceiling. And they were all burning, pouring out a thick black smoke.
He ran across to the door, and fumbled around for the handle. The hot metal burnt his hand as he gripped it, and he jerked back. Cursing, he tried again, and this time he was quick enough to open the door. What he saw confused him more than he had thought possible.

The next room was identical to the one he was already in, but it was more than that, it was the same room. And directly across from him was himself, also looking through the door to a further room. He turned around and saw his back facing him from the other door, confirming his fears.
He raised his right hand and knocked three times, ignoring the pain caused by the flames. His copy did the same, still facing away from him. He then raised his other hand and inspected the burn, making a mental note of its shape. He moved his hand behind his back to face the copy behind him, and inspected his double's burn. They were identical. He was watching himself.

The smoke caused him to cough, and he got down onto the floor. He crawled quickly through the door to the next room, but his double did the same, leaving him unable to catch up. He was now beginning to blister from the flames, but he knew that unless he escaped he was helpless.
He looked at his double's back, and saw that his shirt was starting to melt onto his back. He felt behind him, and it began to stick to his fingers. The same was happening to his trousers, sticking to his legs and feet. He peeled them back and saw his legs were bright red, and blistering.

He looked closely at the burning floor, and saw another impossibility. Everything was flaming hot and black, but it wasn't burning away, the boards were as large as they had been when new. The fuel didn't end, the fire could burn forever.

The doctors stood over him, lying down in his hospital bed with a helmet drilled into his skull. The screens behind the creatures were lit up red with the fire from his nightmares, contrasting heavily with the pale blue and white of the room. Doe took a six inch needle from beside him, and slowly slid it deep into Daniel's arm. "He's thinking", he said dryly. "This should keep him distracted"
"It will", Kramer answered him. "I think this one will be interesting, how long will his head keep with his body? Some of them do like to give up quickly, it almost makes our gesture of life feel pointless"
"He'll last", Doe said. "See, he is curious. He wishes to escape his loop, before he is nothing. The distraction is ready"

Daniel could hardly move for pain. Everything he touched bit into his skin, the wood left embers clinging to him that burnt deep scars into his tissue, and the metal bit instantly, hotter than anything else in the room. His clothing was nothing but streaks of thick scalding liquid that had stuck itself to his skin, embedded into his blistered body. The smoke stopped him from breathing, he could only cough blood and tears. There was nothing of him that wasn't red.
Then, the least possible thing yet happened. The burning ceiling rained water, and Daniel cried, then screamed. The water, too, was scalding, and it burned him twice as it came down a liquid, then rose again as even hotter steam. Daniel cried out as loudly as he could as the rain drew welts down his back, thick blood and pus running into his tangled mess of clothing. He rolled on the ground and bled, flesh sticking to the now glowing orange floor. Steam turned his face liquid, and flesh dripped off him. He rolled and screamed, incapable of anything else. As his body began to literally pour off him, he looked around and saw the same happen to all of his copies. Their collective screams made only one note, a shrill, inhuman sound. They seemed much closer now, the distance between them had shrunk from metres to mere inches. He touched one, and felt another's hand grip his own arm. Then the flesh melted into itself, and they screamed louder as the pile of himself became one mass. The heat rose, and rain turned them into nothingness.