Chapter 18

This is the last chapter to this story. I'm sad to see it go but the sequel to this one, to me feels like it is a lot more dramatic and made me cry too many times. I will write an epilogue to this so stay tuned for that one.xx

...

...

3 months later..

"You're going to wait for me right?" I chuckle holding my phone to my ear hearing my husband complain

"Of course baby, the doctor isn't going anywhere" I say

"Ok I should be there in another hour" I groan and hearing my groan he sighs "I know I said that an hour ago but I swear this time baby, I think your uncle and my best friend are trying to hold me back on purpose"

"Don't listen to him my beautiful niece" I hear my uncle yell

"Go then sook" I hear Cameron say

"Don't fuck with me dude" I hear laughter in the background "Ok baby I'll see you soon"

I hang up the phone laughing as I go through new operations specs for Hazels and Blake's next assignment. Since our last mission with Cameron and Dillon's team, they have been slowly integrated into the agency. Sometimes going as a team or in pairs, depending on the work.

Right now, they are working at the base training soldiers and by the end of the year I will have the whole team working for me. I am excited, I get to work with my husband each day when he isn't out on a mission and worry about him when he's in the field.

I move to the weaponry sector of the complex, as I was requested to oversee the new testing. I pull back the gun inspecting it in my hands when I feel a warm set, move around my waist and rub my baby bump.

"Have I ever told you how sexy you look handling a weapon like that baby girl?" My husband whispers in my ear. I place the gun down and turn around in his arms

"Mmmm maybe you need to tell me more often Lieutenant?" I smirk when I see the desire cloud his eyes "Did I ever tell you how I love you in your uniform?"

He leans forward taking my lips against his "After this scan, we will take this up at home" I moan when his hands gently dig into the small of my back and around my waist...

...

"So are you ready mama?" I laugh at the doctor who turns the screen to face me "There goes your little boy and your little girl"

"What?" Dillon and I both look at each other then back to the doctor

"I thought it was a flicker, a malfunction the last scan, looks like she was hiding behind her brother the whole time boss" The doctor smiles as she hands us a picture of the two little figures wrapped up in each other

"Twins baby" Dillon says as I black out from shock...

...

"Your children's vitals are ok, I'm sure it's just shock Dillon, your wife is fine" I hear a voice say. I slowly move, opening my eyes slowly to adjust to the light "Hello boss... Take her home Dillon, I'm sure you both need to let the shock set in" I watch the doctor leave the room and turn to a worried husband who places kisses over my face

"Baby I was worried you wouldn't wake up" He kisses my forehead and pushing back the hair from my eyes

"How long was I out?" I ask

"An hour... Do you think you are ok to walk?" He asks as I nod my head. I sit up adjusting the loose dress I wore and slip into my heels that Dillon was holding in his hands.

"How are we going to manage twins Dillon?" I ask as he walks with me out of the office to our car in my parking spot "I mean I've got money saved, a lot of money saved but you'll be away on missions full time and back at work and"

I'm silenced by his lips and his hands holding me. It began to calm the storm that was building in me, only to be replaced by the need of my husband.

"We will figure it out when we get to that point... Right now I want to get home as fast as I can to please my pregnant wife and celebrate this beautiful blessing"

The End

..........................................................................................................................

I didn't want to leave it on a sad note, you should know I'm a sucker for happy endings because in reality we don't always get it how we want so in my imagination it's always happy.xx

Thank you all for voting and commenting on the chapters and sticking with me on this adventure I have with my imagination.

If you want me to write spinoffs or about certain people you think might have a story to tell. Private message me and let know. I'll add it to my short stories I've got going on in my works.

Epilogue will come soon... And don't forget there is a sequel coming and it is called "Always"

Happy reading.xx