"Hey, Emo Boy," Grayson said, and Phil focused on him long enough to realize that Elliot had gotten his revenge by scrawling 'Satan is my daddy' across his forehead. "You look like you're gonna start crying MCR lyrics. What's up?"

Phil only shook his head. He wasn't the kind of person who really shared his feelings, not even with people he was close with. "Nothing, just...tired, I guess."

"That's bullshit, and you know it," Elliot said, moving in next to Grayson so that they were both blocking every escape he could possibly make. "I know that you're definitely not the most punk rock person in this group of people, but that doesn't mean you have to hide your feelings." His tone was entirely sarcastic, and Gray dig his elbow into his ribs, shooting him a pointed look.

"Okay, well, firstly I can't take you guys seriously with all that shit on your faces," Phil responded, smiling for the first time that day as they simultaneously scowled at him. "And I'm fine, honestly. You don't have to be so worried." He was met with a pair of disbelieving looks, and he knew they didn't believe him at all.

"Is it about Chris?" Elliot asked seriously. "We know he's been in a bad mood lately, but you don't have to take it so seriously. He's done this before, you know, ignored everyone for a few days. It's nothing personal."

He didn't bother mentioning that, this time, it was his fault. He had made Chris angry by calling him out on his not-such-a-good-influence behavior, and now he was taking it out on all of them.

"We should go," Grayson suddenly said, apparently checking the time on his phone.

Because despite all the shit he's already been put through that week, and despite the fact that him and Chris aren't on great terms, Phil has still decided to go to the stupid party that TCE are going to be hosting tonight. He does want to see Dan, and not just for intimate reasons; he thinks they actually do have a lot to talk about as of recently, and this may the only opportunity they'll have to be alone together for a while. Plus, he lied to his parents for this, he doesn't want it to be for nothing. So he gets in the car with his two now arguing friends, and sulks in the backseat all the to Chris's house.

They're still insisting he needs to wear a disguse, even though he probably won't even be there long enough to be noticed by anyone. He doesn't feel like causing anymore tension between them, so he goes along with it, and after Chris answers the door with frown on his face, they all had upstairs, and Phil becomes their personal Barbie doll for the next twenty minutes.

"This looks absolutely fucking stupid," he says when they finish, scowling at his reflection in the mirror.  The jeans he's wearing are tight and have large rips in the knees, and he wouldn't usually mind that, except the sweatshirt he's wearing is about five sizes too big for him, hanging down to his knees almost, and also has a variety of holes in random places. Part of his face is covered by a pair of large glasses with no lenses in them (like seriously, what the point of making glasses with no use?), and they had shoved a beanie onto his head to 'hide his hair' or something, like it was a defeaning factor of his. He looked like a fucking hipster.

"It looks different," Elliot says helpfully, which in no way made Phil any less weary of the outfit. " And it's supposed to make you less noticeable."

"Yeah, I really don't think I'm 'less noticeable' this way," Phil says "I'll probably get made fun of."

But none of them really care, so he's stuck like this for the rest of the night.

***

The place is entirely packed by the time he gets there, and it's not even ten o'clock. When Dan said it was gonna be a 'private party', he'd definitely been under stating.