Chapter 8. Chamomile tea

AN: im gonna experiment a bit and write in first person, for at least 2 chapters. comment what you think!

Chapter 8.
Chamomile tea

[Dipper]

I tapped my foot on the polished wood flooring of the cafe, glancing between the door and the clock sitting above a table in the far corner of the small building. Bill hasn't come in for his daily morning fix yet, which was unsettling since he's been coming here everyday for a week at 4 AM sharp, even that one day he got sick. He couldn't have been hit by a car one the way here, right?
My eyes were on the clock when the bell rang, signaling a customer. In hopes that it was the blonde I was so much used to now, my eyes switched to the person walking to me, only to be disappointed when I saw another blonde that I wasn't exactly eager off.
"Is it noon already?" I questioned her, glancing back up to the clock that stopped ticking two hours ago.
"Yeah, you can get your ass out of here and on your boyfriend's dick now."
I frowned, but Pacifica was clearly averting her gaze away from my expression. "He's not my boyfriend, I don't even know him that well yet. And our first date couldn't even be called a date."
"Did you two lovebirds at least kiss yet?"
I considered telling the truth, but decided to toy around with her for a bit. "Yes. His lips were magical." I made an emphasis on 'magical', to see if it'd grind her gears.
And it did. "I hope his dick is just as magical." I wasn't 100% sure, but I think I heard a quiet 'fag' at the end of that sentence.
"Hey, just because we dated for 4 months doesn't mean you gotta be salty. An-"
"And I'm the reason we broke up in the first place, yeah yeah, whatever."
"I was going to say Anyway, I'm gonna get going now, but that's an option too I guess."
"...Oh."
Awkward silence drifted between us, so when I heard the bell ring like it did a few minutes ago, I decided to just leave quietly and let Pacifica work her shift.
*
D: Where do you live?
B: well thats one creepy question
D: I finished my shift and you didn't come in all day, so I wanted to check up on you. Are your roommates home?
B: come in? roommates home? whatre you hintin at pine tree ;)
D: If you send that smiley again you're never seeing my Pine Tree.
B: damn, fiesty. ill send you the address in a sex
B: sec*
B: pls dont take your pine tree away from me because of a typo
D: Jesus, I won't. Just send the damn address already.
*
Turns out I was standing right outside his apartment complex, and just a few windows to the right and I'd be 4 stories below Bill's room, from where he waved and screamed my name at me a minute ago. Now, I had just walked into his littered apartment, and I'm pretty sure the crunching noise beneath my left foot was a cockroach.
"Sorry, it's a bit messy. Wasnt expecting a booty call with free delivery." His lips' corners arched into that irritatingly cute smirk.
"Call me that one more time and it'll cost you a fortune."
"Jeez Margaret, I'm only a once history teacher. Slow down there with the economics."
"I don't think Margaret would be a prostitute name." I said, searching for somewhere to hang my coat on, but once I realised there wasnt one, I threw it into the pile of jackets and coats in the corner of the hallway.
"Whatever A Cup McKenzie." Bill threw his arms up into the air to symbolize his surrender, while I rested my shoes near the shoe pile.
Only when I looked up, now undressed of my outdoors clothing, did I notice how ill the blonde looked. His face and eyes were red, his nose running, and he was wearing a hoodie, sweatpants, and a scarf. "How did you get so sick in one day?"
He shrugged. "It's what happens when you got a weak ass immune system."
"Did you at least make yourself something hot?"
"Sorry kid, I'm not your dad." He winked, but it was just eye roll worthy. "But nah, I woke up an hour ago."
"Oh my God, please tell me you have chamomile tea in this gargabe can."
"Uh, yeah, actually we do. Why?"
"I'm gonna make you tea, like the caring free delivery cafe booty call that I am." I said with a grin, wandering around looking for the kitchen, which turned out to be the room at the other end of the hallway.
"Alright, where's the drugs?" My question was drowning in sarcasm as I opened the first cabinet I saw, looking for a box or jar or wherever this guy kept his tea in labeled Chamomile. I spun around to face Bill, about to ask for something elee, when I heard something click at the other end of the room. "Oh, did you put the kettle on already?"
"Well yeah, it's the least thing I can do if you're gonna be my third mom."
With a smile on my face, I put two teaspoons of the tea into a cup, poured the boiling water in, and added a teaspoon of honey.
"Here you.." The go part was rather inaudible, but anyone would go mute if they saw someone look at them the way Bill looked at me fot just a split second. Like he wanted to kiss me.
I put the mug in front of him while I myself sat opposite of him at the small round table, reminding me of the cafe.
"So..." The blonde murmured, looking intensely at the tea as if it held the meaning of life in it. Also know as avoiding looking at me, since he saw that I noticed how he looked at me a minute ago.
"So."
His tea was chamomile. His hair was chamomile. His lips were chamomile.

//yay an update, aint that a miracle
probably lots of spelling mistakes because i wrote this on my phone, and i lost insp somewhere in the middle since i kinda felt like i was getting OOC but didnt want to rewrite it.
hope this pleases yall, and hope no one dies on the 26th!
TLMQANMC! VGHLUHK QD EP PLXIEQZR, VOE GBUDPVUL IE O TWWSIYAY, PGG RSNK, BKS!
(CHAMOMILE)