Chapter 7. Pine Cola and loser candy

AN: one chapter=one day, but this is an exception because the date would probably be 500+ words, and i dont want to get you all excited for long chapters and then go back to 500 words

Chapter 7.
Pine Cola and loser candy

12:00 PM. No texts.
12:01 PM. No calls.
12:02 PM. Bill was pacing around the room, staring down at the large phone screen in his hands. It was only 2—now 3—minutes over the time Dipper promised to call, but the blonde man was already anxious that he will never call and tomorrow he won't be at the cafe shop. He had that effect on people that made them move away after meeting, or worse, hooking up with him. But there was still hope that Dipper would only move away after the second one.
Just as Bill whispered 'fuck it' to himself, the phone rang and the screen lit up at 12:05 PM. Not to look too desperate, he waited a few seconds before picking up. "Hey," He murmured, hoping the anxiety wasn't that audible in his voice. "Finished your shift yet?"
"Yep." Even though he couldn't see Dipper from the other line, Bill knew he was smiling. "We could meet up right now, unless you're dressing up."
"Oh no no, that's for the second date." Damn, it sucked that Bill was missing out on seeing Dipper go red again. "I'll meet you at the cafe."
"You live nearby?"
"Yeah."
"I didn't know that."
The blonde grinned. "You never asked."
Close to immediately, Bill was out the door, practically running to the cafe Dipper would be waiting for him at; and as he expected, here stood the brunette, oblivious as to what direction Bill would come from. Which sure was an advantage to Bill, since he was coming up behind Dipper.
"BOO!" He screamed, shooting his arms up for dramatic effect as the other buy spun around, a shriek escaping him.
"Jesus Christ, that scared me! What if I thought you were a stranger and punched you!?"
Bill just grinned slyly in response. "Oh, I'd enjoy that."
The other boy's ears went pink once again, but his furious expression softened. "So, where are we going?"
"That's a surprise."

*

Dipper looked between the store that was basically in the middle of nowhere and the blonde man with a proud grin on his face. "Seriously?"
Bill just nodded silently.
"Oh my god, you are serious."
"So," Bill briefly looked at Dipper, before turning his gaze back to the Halloween store. "You gonna go in or nah?"
"Funny, I thought I'd be the one asking you that." Dipper advanced towards the entrance to the store, a smug grin on face since he knew that ought to have some effect on the not-that-old older boy.
Oh God, he did not just say that. 'He did not just make me blush. No fucking way.' After a one second break to get himself back to his blank expression, Bill followed straight after the younger brunette, somewhere along the way grabbing a cart.
"Is this what's considered romantic these days?" Dipper questioned, his eyes on the countless masks of horror movie characters, and of course clowns.
"Well, it is October, and Halloween is in what, like, thirty days?"
"It's called a month. Thirty days is called a month."
"If I said a month, that'd mean Halloween is on the first of November."
"Well, technically..."
Bill rolled his eyes, although the other boy's attention was still on the masks. "You're impossible to have arguments with."
After roughly five minutes, Bill got tired of following Dipper around the aisles like a quiet puppy. "I'll go check out the opposite end."
Finally, Dipper looked up at Bill who already left the cart in the younger boy's hands. "If you're gonna scare me again, I will punch you."
"Ooh," The blonde grinned. "Kinky."
So far, they have only checked the costume aisles. While the other end had much better stuff, at least for pranks: plastic spiders, fake blood, accessories, and the king of them all. Food. Figuratively tons of off brand drinks (Fantasticka, 6Down, Cola Coka), and most likely literally tons of even worse off brand candy (Giggles, Jupiter, Boundy; like seriously, how do you come up with such fucked up names for some shitty Snickers, Mars, and Bounty copies?).
Deciding to check out the food aisles later, Bill went straight for the cherry. He didn't know Dipper that well, (hell, they only knew each other for what like, 5 days?) so Bill had no idea what would scare him most. Spiders? Nah, too cliche. Fake blood? Nope, he'd have to buy it first. A sparkly tiara—wait, what?
The only available to him options were fake spiders and cockroaches, which in practice were the same, so Bill went with the classic spider. Except this one was about the size of a head, and a big one at that. Grabbing a random one, the blond sneaked back to where he left Dipper, making sure he was quiet and most important of all, behind him.
But, plot twist, there was no cute brunette waiting for him, only the cart. 'Oh no, did he leave?' Just as Bill thought that, someone spun him around, a Scream mask on their face and a (fake plastic) knife in their hand. Of course, like any human, which Bill Cipher certainly was, he screamed in absolute genuine terror, until the person behind the mask started chuckling a familiar laugh.
"Oh my fuck god, Pine Tree, that's not funny!"
"Oh, oh no it isn't. It's hilarious!" The still masked boy laughed out between breaths to the what seemed to be a 'hilarious' scene.
Bill ripped the mask off, putting it back to the other bad smelling atrocities. He was gonna have nightmares about this store for the rest of his life. "Okay fine, you got your revenge. Stop laughing now."
With a few more chuckles, Dipper stood back up from his half kneeling pose, looking at the plastic spider in Bill's hand. "So it's okay for you to scare me but when I do it it's not funny?" There was a playful hint in the boy's voice, to which Bill was glad that he didn't take offense.
"Well yeah, I'm the master of scares."
"Since when are you a spooky scary skeleton?"
Bill tilted his head at the brunette, genuinely confused. "Spooky what what?"
"Never mind."
"So," Bill looked around the aisle. "You wanna get anything?"
"Well I sure as hell am getting this mask." Dipper grabbed the mask, assuming it was the very one that scared Bill, throwing it into the cart. "And there's food here too, right?" Without even waiting for answer, he pushed the cart towards the direction of the food aisle.
First came the snacks, or rather 99% candy. "Ugh,"Dipper grunted. "Loser candy."
"Seriously? 'Loser candy'? That's such a lame name."
"Yeah, well, so is Bill Cipher."
Bill rolled his eyes, going ahead to look at the drinks in the fridges.
All of them were boring, their names obviously a spinoff of some famous brand; that is, until his gaze landed on a dark green bottle. "Hey, Pine Tree, come over here!"
The boy rolled the cart over, looking at what Bill seemed so amused by. "Oh my God, fuck no." They were looking at a whole shelf of pine flavoured cola. "What is that? Who drinks it? Who thought that was a good idea!?"
"Well," Bill grinned. "I know what I'm getting."

//sorry i had to end it so abruptly, i want to update while its still the 1st of october (for me), plus i just got a cat so i gotta pay attention to him (also his name is totally not dipper)
spoopy 1st october everyone! as a gift you get i think like 1200 words. never again tho LMAO