Chapter 6. Espresso and a date

Chapter 6.
Espresso and a date

Apparently, Bill was way too enthusiastic on his opinions in history. And apparently, he didn't teach history good enough. At least not as good as this piece of shit that got his job, Gideon. He didn't even look like a damn teacher, he might as well be in 8th grade!

"Whatever," Bill muttered to himself, his arm hanging from the top of the bunk bed he slept on. "Not like they paid me much anyway. And the kids were too lazy to learn, I was the fucking best!"
Wendy walked into the room, probably because she forgot something, and chuckled at him. "Oh yeah, you don't care at all. That's why you've been screaming about it all night."
The blonde just groaned in reply, turning to face the wall. "Shut up Red, I'm coping."
"It's just a job. I bet that favourite cafe of yours would pay you more than a teacher job ever would."
With some hesitation, Bill sat up, looking at her with a sly grin. "That's the best idea I heard all day, Red."

*

The bell was back, which startled Bill as he didn't expect it to ever return. Dipper turned around from the coffee machine and shyly smiled at him for a split second, before looking back at the nearly finished coffee for the customer that was already waiting. It was some fat bald guy, and when he turned around, he had out of place sunglasses hiding his eyes. He looked nervous, and rushed out as soon as possible. Weird.
"Hey, why're you looking so.. angry?" Dipper looked the messy, still half asleep blonde up and down, leaning on the counter with his chin in his hand.
Bill shrugged, trying to fake a smile. "I got fired."
The brunette stood up with a frown on his face and his eyebrows flexed together in a line. "Oh, that sucks. Will you be able to afford rent and food or whatever?"
"Well, yeah. I have two roommates, I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I freeload until I find a job."
The worried expression was gone, and Dipper was smiling again. "Didn't know you had roommates."
Bill shrugged with an identical grin. "You never asked."
"So," The younger boy tapped on the counter with his fingers nervously. "What would you like?"
"To go on a date with a cute boy today and an espresso."
Not a single second passed before Dipper went red; not just his ears this time, but his cheeks were stained a bright pink.
"And I'd like both of those from you." Bill grinned, thinking to himself. 'Smooth Cipher, smooth.'
"Well uh, my shift finishes at noon, so... It's way too long to wait so you can go home and I'll call you when I finish. Or something."
You'd think it was impossible to smile any wider, but obviously Bill was from MythBusters. Did Dipper seriously just say yes to a date invitation? From another guy? Maybe today wouldn't be as bad as the blonde has predicted it to be.
"Sounds perfect. See ya Pine Tree." Bill waved, a most likely permanent grin plastered on his face.
Maybe he was hallucinating from that subtle 'yes', but the blonde was almost sure that Dipper shyly murmured "See you, Golden Boy."

//ill be aiming at 500+ words from now on, i know that isnt much but this isnt like a novel or some shit, just a small little fluffy fanfic for fun. also, i decided ill be posting whenever i write a new chapter, so sometimes you'll get 2 in one day, and sometimes 2 in one week. it depends. also tomorrow ill be exploring an abandoned hospital with a friend, so i wont post or write all day (probably). so yeah. fun times.