Chapter 18: The Kidnapping

Začať od začiatku

My eyes fluttered open to a bright room from the sun shining in. My vision was fuzzy, and I had to blink a few times to clear it. I looked around, seeing my team members around the bed I slept in.

"Ellie! You're awake!" Lucy sounded happy.

"Ugh..." I tried to sit up, and my head was throbbing as I did. "What happened?"

"We found you passed out on the ground outside!" Wendy exclaimed. "We thought you were really hurt!"

"What happened, Ellie?" Gray asked.

I blinked hard again, trying to make my head feel better. It didn't help much. "I..." I tried hard to think. "I remember going back to the guild after I was talking to Natsu, and then someone was standing in front of me."

"Okay. What happened next?" Lucy pushed.

"He winked at me, and then..." My eyes widened in fear when I finally remembered what happened. "Where's Eevee?"

"What?" Lucy asked.

That's when I remembered the rest of them, too. I looked around, seeing my bag on the chair next to me. "Give me my bag. Now!" I almost screamed this I was so scared.

"Elena, what's wrong?" Erza asked, but I was too keen on making sure I was wrong.

I unzipped my bag, and every single pokéball was gone.

"No..." I was now shaking. "No...no...no, no, no, no!!!" The tears wouldn't stop falling now.

Lucy stood up to comfort me. "Ellie! What's happened?!"

"THEY'RE GONE!!!" I screamed. "THEY TOOK THEM, ALL OF THEM!!!"

"What...?" Natsu now spoke, and he almost yelled. "What do you mean they took them?!"

"The dark guilds!!" I sobbed. "They finally took all my Pokémon, my family!!" I sobbed more, not stopping my quivering. "EEVEE!!" Lucy pulled me into a hug, and stroked my back as I cried in fear.

"Those bastards..." Natsu growled after two minutes. I sniffed, and pushed my head away from Lucy to look at him. His face was covered in rage, blood vessels showing on his forehead and muscular arms. His fists were so clenched, I could have sworn they were starting to smoke from unseen flames.

"Natsu...?" I said, my voice weak.

"They took our guild mates...our friends!" Natsu clenched his teeth as he said this. "They're going to pay for what they've done...but more than that..." He yelled as he threw the side table into the wall which shattered with a crash. "THEY'RE GOING TO PAY FOR MAKING YOU CRY!!!"

I stared at him with a wet face and in fear. My breath came out ragged then, and my heart skipped a beat. More tears fell. "Natsu..." I said. He looked at me softening his eyes just a smidgen in wonder. "Please," I sobbed. "Please save them."

He finally loosened his anger, and stepped around the bed to crouch down to me. I felt my cheeks get hot as he stared strongly into my eyes. "I promise," he said.

"We all do," I had forgotten Lucy was still comforting me, and looked around at the rest of Team Natsu. They all were grinning with confidence. It wasn't until I came back to Natsu's grinning face that everything came out of my eyes.