FAQS

F R E Q U E N T L Y   A S K E D   Q U E S T I O N S

Here, I will be addressing the most frequently asked questions about Delicious Ambiguity. Also consider this as your first and last warning for spoiler alerts! If you have any more queries, ask away in the comment section below.

Q1. Why are the book parts labelled as minus and plus infinity?

A1. [-∞, +∞] because everything real lies between these infinities.

Q2. Is this a fanfiction?

A2. I will not lie, the book initially was an attempt to write fanfiction but it was not doing justice to the story I had.  So I shifted the genre to Romance wherein I visualised my characters like certain celebrities but nothing like them. Do I even make sense? What I mean is, I used their name/surname and their face but nothing more. The universe I have created is as fictional as possible. [Yes, Karen this isn't a fanfic!] 

Q3. How is the book divided into parts?

A3. The book is divided into 3 parts. The first part is of 30 chapters. Here Maira relives her last six years in a single day, laying a strong foundation to the thriller aspect of the book. Part 2 and Part 3 are relatively short, consisting of 5-6 chapters maximum because here I am wrapping up the past with the present and the possible future. There are three parts because they represent three tones in the book. 

Q4. Why are your chapters SO long? Wattpad recommends a length of 1500 words. 

A4. Yes, my chapters are long because a) each chapter lays down a hint that binds the story together for which I need to set in the premise. I cannot just state at the end that there was an A and a B and LOOK how that connected. So with each chapter I am taking you with Maira closer to the truth. b) I just have too much to say and express. c) this is my first experience to write a professional manuscript so yes, I am learning with every experience and will try to keep my future works crisp d) because why the hell not? [what is this behaviour Pooja]

Q5. Are you any of your characters? When you write about anxiety, eating disorders, depression, mental health it seems all too real.  

A5. I strongly believe that what I am reflects in my words. A single character is not me or I should say the conundrum of what I am is sprinkled generously on my characters. However my flawful characters don't express my opinions and I don't endorse their ideas. 

Q6. Where do you want to take this book?

A6. This book, perhaps writing itself, was a project I had undertaken in my darkest and lowest times. I always have been an enchanted dreamer and a 'story' has always been within me. I took on writing when I couldn't bear the darkness of the night or the brightness of the day. I wrote this to express and open a creative window for myself. I never planned to do this for money or fame exactly why I never accepted offers from Dreame or Inkitt platforms but now if opportunities knock on my door, I wouldn't mind a small income as I understand the time and effort I have put in this.