7. Ishani's POV

Next morning I felt tired and dreaded this trip. My sixth sense was telling me something was wrong. I showered and applied lots of bobbi brown corrector under my eyes to hide the redness and puffy eyes I got because of crying last night.

I wore my baby pink velvet track suit and kept my hair open to hide the swelling. My face always bloated when I cried excessively. I avoided my parents and went out later than required. I kept behind maa and saw Neil nodding me a hello before he sat in the car. Being alone with him might just clear the air. I went and sat next to him in the Audi and we hit the highway. The greenery, the farms alongside the road and the crisp morning air refreshed me.

Neil started talking and placed his warm finger on my lips, "your last cigarette Ish. Hear me out as you smoke," he said. I opened the window and took a deep puff feeling a bit light headed and he started, "Ish that night was a mistake alcohol impaired our judgement but it was the best moment of my life. I want to marry you." I froze. Mistake. Marriage. Where did we go so wrong. I slowly replied, the truth that i should have told him yesterday itself, "I don't remember that night."

He stopped the car on the side of the highway. I could see anger in his eyes. His face looked hurt. "What do you mean?" His voice cold and hard. "Neil that night I last remember those lemon cocktails we had. I don't remember anything," I said slowly tears forming in my eyes. "Anything? Nothing," Neil questioned baffled. My tears were flowing down, "nothing at all." Neil laughed in a high strangled way, "you do not remember asking me to kiss you, you don't remember saying you love me? Saying that you wanted me to make love to you?" He looked at my face searching for something. I nodded a no speaking was difficult now. Neil took off his seat belt and turned my face with his finger and made me look into his eyes. "You do not remember this?" he asked as his lips crushed mine. He urged me to open my mouth and he deepened the kiss. I moaned and realised I was pulling him closer. Neil was crushing me with his body weight as I knew subconsciously that night was clearly known by my body. I stiffened and Neil went back to his seat and cleared his throat, "you are lying," his voice was so cold. How could someone kiss you silly and then act normal? My knees were still weak and I lit another cigarette with shaking hands as Neil started driving. The kiss was mind blowing. As I smoked I thought that Neil believed that night was a mistake and wanted to marry me. I liked him and maybe even loved him but as a friend and making my friend suffer because some cocktails jacked our minds was foolish. I couldn't end up marrying him. I wanted to marry for love and this marriage for my mistake seemed a heavy price to pay. "Let's enjoy the holiday and I will decide what to do next later," I told Neil. Hoping he would get the message.

We stopped mid-way at Mc Donald and I went in, maa and aunty were having tea and ordered one for me as I proceeded to the washroom. I washed my face and tied my hair in a bun as I came out both of them stopped talking and looked up sheepishly. I picked up my tea as aunty said, "take this coffee for Neil. He wants to move. And here are hash browns we ordered for you." I took the packet and went outside. Neil was arguing with his father, "Ishani is fine dad. I can handle her don't interfere I, " he stopped mid sentence.

What was this about? Did uncle know, I felt ashamed. I acted like I didn't hear them and cheerily called out, "Neil coffee is here. Let's go." I smiled at uncle and sat in the car.

Neil came to the car and suddenly I looked at his lips remembering the kiss. I did not know we had such potent chemistry. But Neil deserved better, I deserved much better too.

The drive was fun and we reached Mussorie in a few hours. The resort was stunning. It was spread over acres of land. I could see Mussorie and the reception area was warm and inviting. The receptionist was a beautiful girl, her blonde dyed hair was tied in a bun and she wore a blouse so low it shamed me. Neil looked uncomfortable at the attention she gave him, "welcome Mr Singh. Your suites are ready. Your father said that I give you one key and he will collect one in the evening" Wait. What? Neil called his father, "dad where are you all?" He demanded angrily. I could hear his father from the phone, "son we stopped to meet Mr Kapur he is an old client who is in Dehradoon we shall be there post dinner."

We went to the suite, beautiful is an understatement, it was breathtaking, the room had a small cozy sitting area with a kitchenette. The sitting area had a sprawling balcony which overlooked the beautiful mountains. There were two bedrooms that had a plush bed and wall to wall windows which offered a stellar view. There was a jacuzzi in one room right next to the windows and I quickly kept my belongings there. "Ish please feel comfortable. I will be back in a bit. I have some business to attend to, we can go to the mall road in the evening," Neil went out talking on the phone. I had a cup of tea and decided that the jacuzzi needed to be used. Selecting some Bollywood numbers I ran the water and was super excited. I felt relaxed in the jacuzzi and was enjoying myself. The Singh's sure knew how to relax I thought.