Ch. 5 Fight! Fight! Fight!

*Blair shown above*

Blair's POV

The newspaper landed with a dull thud on my immaculate desk. I continued skimming through the leather bound portfolio in my hand as though I hadn't been rudely interrupted.

"Are you at least going to read it?"

"Are you ever going to learn to knock?"

I swiveled my chair, turning to face my desk and unfortunately my older brother. With a small smile and a shrug, Matthew pushed the newspaper towards me, gesturing for me to take a look.

Leaning back in my office chair, arms crossed and eyebrow raised, I posed the unspoken question.

"Nope, I'm not telling you whats in it. Read it yourself," he challenged. With a sigh, I grabbed the newspaper, all the while muttering "idiot" underneath my breath.

My father had been trying to get me to read today's paper all morning. He pestered me at breakfast, then later at the meeting. I didn't understand why he just wouldn't tell me what was so damn interesting in this god damn paper that required that much of my attention. And now he had resorted to sending one of my brothers' down here. Giving in with a resigned sigh, I smoothed out the crinkles in the paper.

The first thing I noticed was the title of the article. Written in bold letters, it proclaimed: Catfight Between Lockwood & McIntyre! Underneath the stupid title, there was a picture of me getting into a limo right next to a picture of Isabella Lockwood flipping off the camera man while driving.

Arching an eyebrow, I looked up from the paper at Matthew only to see a smirk on his face. He had made himself comfortable on the leather couch on one side of my office. "Keep reading. It gets a whole lot better," he snickered, while shooting me a wink. I glared at him awhile before returning my attention back to the paper.

Catfight Between Lockwood & McIntyre

By: James Monroe

Lockwood Industries and McIntyre Technologies have both dominated the media for as long as anyone can remember, whether it be because of their numerous contributions to charities, great inventions or just their plain old rivalry. Unsurprisingly, once again, Lockwood Ind. and McIntyre Tech. are back in the media but ironically not for the reasons listed above. It seems that the rivalry between both companies that has been dormant for the past 11 years is now alive and kicking.

Just last week Martin McIntyre stepped down as CEO of McIntyre Tech. on his 62nd birthday, claiming "I think it's time for me to take a little break plus the misses wants me all to herself nowadays". After stepping down as CEO, Mr. McIntyre was tasked with picking a heir for the company. In a move that shocked the world, Mr. McIntyre selected his youngest child, daughter Blair McIntyre (24), rather than his two older sons. When asked to comment on his decision, McIntyre simply said "I don't see what the problem is. Blair is more than capable of running this company. I'm sure she'll be even better than me as CEO."

Oddly enough the McIntyre boys' didn't seem the least bit upset that their father has picked their younger sister. Matthew McIntyre (28) went on to say "I'm happy that it wasn't me. God knows that Blair is better suited for this business. I would be pissing my pants if that were me." Matthew's humor lightened the issue but it was Micheal McIntyre's (25) response that showed how absurd the concerns over a female CEO were. "All you idiots are focused on her gender rather than her personal character. My sister would put all you little f*ckers to shame. It seems as if you all know how ruthless she is when it comes to business and the only way to preserve your f*cking egos is by bashing on her. If I were you, I would hold in all your anti-feminist comments." I reached out to Blair McIntyre's office in hopes of getting her take on all of this, but as always Ms. McIntyre politely refused.