Ch. 2 The Encounter

I stared at the full length mirror. A stunning brunette with light hazel eyes stared straight back. A sexy smirk plastered on her slightly full pink lips. She cocked her head to the side as if she were thoroughly examining me, wondering what to make of me. Clothed in white skin jeans that hugged her long legs really well, a turquoise blouse and a white blazer, she truly was stunning. Her long curly locks of hair framed her heart shaped face perfectly. With a sharp jawline, high cheek bones and a straight nose, she truly had a face that turned heads. In apparent amusement, she raised an eyebrow, obviously liking what she saw.

"Done checking yourself out Iz?" I snapped out of my trance and glared at Brooke. "Aww don't gimme that look. You know I was just teasing," she said while laughing. "C'mon lighten up! Where's my funny, crazy, bad ass Iz. This Iz is no fun," she pouted. I busted out laughing. She did have a point though. I grabbed her by the waist and started tickling her. "Nooo I-Izzy st-stop p-p-pleasee," she gasped in an adorable voice. "Nope, you shall pay for your teasing," I announced. Carefully picking her giggling self up, I carried her to the leather couch by the huge window just to toss her on it. "Alright Brooke, I hope you learned your lesson," I teased with a quick wink. "And what if I didn't," she shot back. "Then unfortunately the tickle monster would have to come back to punish you yet again," I replied, deviously wiggling my eyebrows at her. Making tickling motions with my hands, I slowly approached her. "Ok, ok! I give up, I learned my lesson," she relented, her emerald eyes dancing with delight as she scooted away from me. "Good," I said as I glanced at the clock. "Oh shit! I'm gonna be late Brooke," I shrieked, "Richard is gonna kill me! Ugh!" Rushing around the room, I grabbed a pair of black Vans and quickly put them on. I went to my large collection of watches and slipped on a silver metallic one. Perfect. Choosing a pair of Ray Ban Aviators as my sunglasses for today, I made my way to the door.
Just as I was about to head out the door, Brooke's hand encircled my wrist, stopping me. "Damn Brooke, I really have to go," I said irritated. Couldn't she see I was in a rush. Hearing a sigh, I wiped the scowl off my face as I turned around to face her. Her green eyes looked up at me sadly. "Izzy I know that well.. that all of this is hard on you...but that's um no excuse for drinking at 8 in the fucking morning. My jaw just dropped. Searching for a response, my mouth just opened and closed as if I was a fish out of water, not emitting a single response. How the fuck did she know?! "Did you really think I wouldn't smell the whiskey on your breath," she questioned with a slight smirk. "Look Iz, I may just be your stylist but I care about you. Please don't start with the drinking again." And with that she gave me a quick peck on the lips before sauntering out the room. I just stood there like an idiot watching her retreating form. The meeting already forgotten. Oh shit! The meeting! Richard was definitely gonna kill me! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Running down the huge marble staircase into the extravagant foyer, I desperately searched for my keys. Where the fuck were they?! The lightbulb in my head went off. My study, of course! Rushing towards my study, I saw the keys to my BMW M6 sitting next to the crystal glass on my mahogany desk. Right where I left them this morning. Quickly grabbing them, i walked back to the foyer. I tried to compose myself on the walk back to the foyer only to run into Lawrence, my driver. "Ms Lockwood," he greeted, trying to fight a smile. My eyebrows creased in confusion. "Yes Lawrence? Um how long have you um you know....been standing there," I asked in a low voice. "Long enough Miss," he replied with a chuckle, clearly amused. Oh God. He saw me running around like a fool. I groaned. Could this get any worse?
"Miss."
"Lawrence?"
"Mr. Hollingworth ordered me to drive you to the meeting today."
"That's nice Lawrence but I can drive myself."
Jingling the keys in his face to prove my point, I turned to leave. "Ma'am he insisted...for your safety." My safety?! What the hell was that supposed to mean and who the fuck did he think he was?! How dare he boss around my staff. First Anastasia and now Lawrence. This man must really have a death wish! Finding my composure, I turned around with a smile and tossed Lawrence the keys. "Ok, well let's go then," I commanded. "Actually Miss, we won't be needing any of your cars today." I just raised an eyebrow in a questionable manner. As if answering my unsaid question, he gestured for me to open the front door.