“You have weird friends.” Mason stated after Taylor went up the stairs.

I was about to say something when Taylor’s scream cut me off from upstairs.

“I HEARD THAT! YOUR FACE WILL LOOK WEIRD WHEN I’M DONE WITH IT!” She screamed.

I laughed at her bluntness and turned towards Mason who rolled his eyes.

“Sorry to be a bother, I just wanted to let you know that the wedding date got changed. It’s going to be in three days instead of five, and my mom is going crazy! She is literally running around like a maniac, trying to get everything down. Also, Aunt Skylar got into an accident this morning, but she’s doing okay. She fractured her arm, but other than that, she’s fine.” Marcus quickly told me, filling me in.

I gasped thinking about Skylar. Car accidents scare me as it was the way I lost my sister, before I could even hold her.

“S-She’s okay, right?” I ask my words stuttering, thinking back to when I received the news about Hazel not surviving the car accident.

“She’s fine, thank God, but Mom wanted me to give you this.” He stated rummaging through his pockets and finding a piece of paper. He handed it to me, as I eyed it suspiciously.

“It’s basically a note saying how she wants you to give some sort of a speech at the wedding. She apologizes its last minute, but it would mean a lot to her.”

I nodded my head, my heart warming that even during such a chaotic time in Ashley’s life, she still managed to make me involved.

“Sure thing, I’ll get right on it.” I smiled.

“Also, Mason and I are going to be going to do some wedding errands tomorrow, want to tag along?” Marcus asked politely.

“I would love to!” I stated giving him a smile.

Niall let out a small cough, earning him my attention, “I thought you were babysitting Lacey tomorrow?”

I then remembered that indeed, Niall was correct.

“Oh yeah, sorry Marcus! I totally forgot about that! If I finish up early, maybe I can still tag along?” I asked. To be honest, it was an empty gesture, I didn’t exactly plan to finish up early because Lacey and I would be at Niall’s tomorrow, and I knew that we would end up staying really late.

“If you really want to spend more time with me, all you have to do is ask.” Mason piped up tossing me a smirk. That annoying smirk that made me want to stab myself with a pencil. I gritted my teeth, surprised they didn’t turn to dust

“Why would I want to do that?” I asked, my competitive side coming out.

“You sure as hell wanted me back in the restaurant, I could practically feel getting wetter when I touched you.” He stated, inching closer. My eyes bulged as my breath hitched. Did he really have to go there?

Niall let out an awkward cough, “Um what is he talking about?”

The same time the words left Niall’s mouth, Marcus let out a weird yelp sort of thing.

“Dude, you touched my to be step sister in that way?” H asked looking genuinely grossed out. I was literally sweating in places I didn’t even know I could sweat it. This entire conversation is being misinterpreted, and every time I tried to speak up, I was cut off.

 “What? Bro, you’re kidding right?” Niall asked shooting Mason daggers. I tried speaking again, but I was cut off when Mason opened his mouth.

“Why does it matter to you?” He asked looking over at Niall.

“Maybe it’s for the fact that I’m her boyfriend?” Niall asked, his eyes shining with an unreadable emotion.