Chapter 53

Hey! Just wanted to go over some of the characters in case you have forgotten!

Laura- Valerie’s Mom

Mr. & Mrs. Ross- Lacey’s parents

Jacob aka Jake- Jessie’s son

Jessie- Laura’s sister

Steve- Valerie’s dad

Annette- Steve’s mother

Marcus- Valerie’s new step brother

Valerie- a girl who goes door to door selling bibles

(im just kidding)

Chapter 53

I furrowed my brows as I started to walk deeper into the living room. My eyes drifted from my mum, to Jessie, to my father, to Annette.

“See how she addresses us?! Steve, she is so disrespectful, I have no idea what has gotten into her. Clearly her mother as raised her with no respect what so ever.” Annette scolded as she pursued her lips tightly. My mum opened her mouth to speak, but I cut her off.

“Well maybe I would be better behaved if your son was there to raise me.” I told her, venom laced on my words.

“Valerie, we’re passed this. You came to my wedding, I thought that was the done deal, I thought I was forgiven?” My dad asked as he turned his body towards me.

I squinted my eyes at him, a bitter laugh coming out from my mouth as I leaned against the wall.

“The only reason I went to your wedding, was for Ashley. I didn’t even think I was invited from your side.”

Dad scrunched his eyebrows, “That’s crazy, you’re my daughter!”

I closed my eyes as I tried to get the words out of my system. It was now or never. Dad needed to understand the hurt he has caused me, and the damage that he created that can never be healed. I ended up being a little girl who grew up too fast due to his choices, and it wasn’t fair.

“Correction. I was your daughter, until you left me crying on the top of the stair case the night you walked out on us.” I spit out before I lost the courage. My voice was shaking, but grew louder with every word that left my mouth.

“Valerie.” Mum warned, trying to get me to behave, but I had enough of it.

“We are over that Valerie.  It was a mistake, and I can’t do anything about it.” Dad told me, sighing as he sunk into my couch. His actions angered me beyond words, and before I knew it, I was inching towards him.

“What the bloody hell do you mean?! I can’t just forgive you for ruining my life! Because of you, I would have to eat dinner by myself most night because Mum was out and working, trying to keep the house we were living in! Because of you, people made fun of me, bullied me. Because of you, a little girl grew up to fast, her childhood nothing but a pure nightmare!” I told him, my voice rising, all sorts of emotions coating my words.

“Are you raising your voice at him?” Annette asked, shaking me from my thoughts. I turned my attention towards her, wanting to call her out right here and now for being the reason for my parents arguing in the first place. I lowered my head, trying to collect my scattered thoughts, and trying to remain calm.

“Are you going to let her behave like this!?” Annette yelled at my mother. I snapped my head back up to her, anger running through my body.

Before I could even open my mouth, I heard Niall’s voice come from upstairs. His voice drifted through the living room, and every pair of eyes were on me.