F O U R | I'm Taking Over

{Pic of Dylan. Edited.}

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow.

___________♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋__________  

When people walk away from you, let them go. Your destiny is never tied down to anyone who leaves you, and it doesn't mean they are bad people. It just means that their part in your story is over.

Life has so many chapters for us, one bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book. Starting fresh is not a death sentence: it's an opportunity to start a new chapter in your life, a chapter full of new discovery, adventure and insight.

Strive to make your chapter the best chapter in your book of life. After all you can't start a new chapter in your life if you keep re-reading the old. Don't close your book if something bad happens in your life, just turn the page and start a new chapter.

Life is a book. Everyday is a new page. Every month is a new chapter. Every year is a new series.

Never use your failure yesterday as an excuse for not trying today. We may not be able to undo the damages but we can make a new start. Which is exactly what I am doing at this moment in time. Maybe it's not about trying to fix something. Maybe it's about starting over and creating something better.

The greatest power you possess in life is your understanding that life gives you a fresh start any moment you want to start fresh. For me, that moment is now.

After returning from the park yesterday, Gabe informed me about the fact that he had admitted me in a local high school. At first I wasn't so sure but then I realised it was the perfect chance to start fresh. A perfect chance to pick myself up again.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still not going to try and create best friends or socialise. That's not my thing. If someone pisses me off, I won't hesitate to knock a few teeth out. Which is why I stay out of human contact. What I will start fresh with though, is my studies. My only goal now is to (hopefully) graduate and find a decent job.

Last night Gabe also asked me about how I've been doing, so I told him the truth. The complete truth. About everything. Every single detail. How the reason behind our Mother's dead was complete bullshit. How our 'father' is not the perfect 'father' after all. Was it easy to tell him this? Hell no, but did that mean he didn't deserve to? He did. I'm not that selfish. He was my brother and his son after all.

The next few hours were spent with me trying to calm down a raging Gabe who had run off on a rampage. After that he continuously began to apologise for not being there for me. Clearly he thought it was his fault. After I managed to make him see things from my point of view, we fell asleep. The next morning, we rushed getting ready and ran straight to Gabe's car. He was adamant on me not getting late for my first day at school.

To be honest I'm not that excited but High school apparently hold the best years of your life. High school is drama and fights. Laughs and tears. Break ups and make ups. It's rushing to grow up, but then realizing you want your innocence. It's hurting over someone else. It's about getting drunk and having your best friend hold your hair as you puke, then recapping the night the next morning.  Getting knocked down over and over again until the point where you question yourself about whether you should just stay down. It's disappointment and lies. It's those knots in your stomach that make you want to cry.  It's having a fake smile upon your face so much that people actually believe your happy. It's hurting but still trying. So what is high school?